Sudden Death In Greyhounds

Again, I am so grateful for all your kind words and expressions of sympathy. It definitely helps. Racindog your words are beautiful and ring true. Even if they make me cry :mellow: .

For what it's worth, we spoke to our vet yesterday and based on what we described surrounding the circumstances of Clifford's passing, she agreed it sounded like a heart issue. She said it wasn't likely to be anything that could have been detected ahead of time. While we won't know the true cause, hearing that was helpful. I hope you all have wonderful vets. I am so amazed at how they take the time to call us, offer condolences. Even when our dogs have been sick or needed to see the vet, they always call a day later to check in. Have you ever had a doctor for humans do that? I haven't!

As I mourn and work through my grief, I am comforted that we were with him and it was quick and seemingly painless. He was the best dog ever (as they all are). We still have Piper, she's a sweet girl and being able to hug her and spoil her also helps. We are learning the new normal.

Peace to all of you.

Ken

:)

Edited by kmtgolf1

I am so sorry for your loss Ken, Clifford was blessed to have you. I echo Racingdog's sentiments, when it is time for them to pass over, regardless of our efforts, they leave this earth. My thoughts are that they only leave us in body, their spirit remains and you will feel his presence as I am sure Piper will too, animals are on a special energy level that us humans aren't and are so intuitive. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time, I too am going through the grief process after losing my girl Flower on the 15th, some moments and days are filled with raw emotion, allow yourself the tears and be gentle with your soul.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.