Animal Behaviorist - Neylasmom - Help!

So, twice since Saturday, Paris has attacked Fancy resulting in stitches and lots and lots of blood. This morning was the second time and, to me, was completely unprovoked. I had to pull Paris off Fancy and we are headed to the vet for more stitches shortly. Paris will also be getting a medical evaluation and then I need a behaviorist. She is now muzzled 24-7 until this gets resolved one way or another.

We live outside Gettysburg. Suggestions as to who to contact?

Thanks. I am completely freaked out by this, as is Fancy.

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

How long have to have them nd how old are they? Is Philly too far for you?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

How awful! Best wishes for healing for Fancy. Maybe Paris would be happier with another family as an only-dog.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

OMG Cindy, my heart is breaking for you. Hope Fancy (and Maggie!) are OK and you can figure this out. :bighug

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I'm sorry this has happened, but that dog HAS to go back and be placed with a family an only dog.

A behaviourist will probably only put the aggression on the back burner until next time. It's heart-breakingly sad.

Fancy is 7 and Paris is 4. Had Paris since September. Philly is hours away. We are near Emmitsburg, if that helps.

Paris ihas been pretty submissive and Had always deferred to Fancy

Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I spoke at length with the vet and they examined Paris. She had an anal gland issue and still exhibits some lameness due to a front leg injury that caused her to retire last July. They really believe that her behavior is the result of environmental issues and can be corrected. I appreciate the thoughts and suggestions about her being returned but I would rather work with her instead of dumping her.

They will give me some names and suggestions when I go back to pick up Fancy this afternoon.

Oh, and the vet commented on how beautiful their teeth were! He had never seen such nice teeth on a greyhound that hadn't been accomplished by a dental, lol. Nice to give some pats instead of just punches. :)

If there are medical issues I really strongly recommend a vet behaviorist, especially because you may also need pharmaceuticals if the aggression is severe enough. Leslie Sinn is now doing consults at The Life Centre in Leesburg, which is only about an hour from you I think?

http://www.behaviorsolutions.guru/

Can't say enough good things about her. Dr. Amy Pike is also in VA and may be a good option.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Just wanted to send my best wishes that Fancy quickly recovers physically and mentally and that Paris can overcome this with the help of a behaviorist. So sorry you're dealing with this. I can't imagine how distressing it must be. :grouphug

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I am so sorry this is happening. You must be walking around on eggs.

Maybe you should keep her muzzled. I know some people who took in a difficult dog and that is what they do.

Good luck with the behaviorist. We went all the way to U of Penn when we took our John E for evaluation. It was a different type of situation, but we were very pleased with the clinic there.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

U Pen has an excellent veterinary behavior dept. Sadly Karen Overall is no longer there but you will still get quality help.

http://www.vet.upenn.edu/veterinary-hospitals/ryan-veterinary-hospital/services/behaviormedicine

If you are in the Pittsburg area, Debby McMullen is a certified CDBC, her specialty in interdog aggression. She has written a book on multi dog households and behavior modification for dog-dog aggression. She is very good. https://www.pawsitivereactions.com

Good luck.

Edited by forevergrey

And Don killed DaVid. For no reason.

So very sorry...how awful. However, IMHO, there's always a reason, we humans may just never be able to figure it out.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I appreciate the thoughts and suggestions about her being returned but I would rather work with her instead of dumping her.

Please don't think that you are "dumping" your girl. Rehoming her, if it comes to that, would be an act of love both for Paris and Fancy to keep them both safe and happy. I am praying for a good resolution to this dreadful situation.

Please don't think that you are "dumping" your girl. Rehoming her, if it comes to that, would be an act of love both for Paris and Fancy to keep them both safe and happy. I am praying for a good resolution to this dreadful situation.

That was why I mentioned it too. The dog may get a wonderful new life with another family as an 'only-dog'.

If you've ever had one pet kill another, it's a terrible long-term thing to have try to get over until you can trust dogs to be friendly to each other again.

There is no actual blame in trying to rehabilitate, just added danger from thinking you are getting somewhere and relaxing your guard.