Morosche Karottensuppe - Carrot Soup

I often read that people fight the big D with their pups and decided to share a receipt for an old home remedy from Germany that really helps a great deal.

500g carrots (fresh) cooked in 1l water. Pass them through a sieve and put water to the carrots until you have 1l again (water and carrots together). A little bit of salt - not fully teaspoon.

Feed it in little servings during the day.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Thank you - I have made a note of that in case of need. Carrots are something that are always readily available here in the UK, unlike the canned pumpkin that gets recommended in the US.

Plain, rather over-cooked white rice (ie boiled up just with water, for 20-30 minutes rather than the usual 13) is another thing that that I have found works well for both human and dog diarrhoea.

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.