Seresto Flea And Tick Collars

The best prices I have seen are in the low $40 range, maybe $41-$42 per collar for large dogs. Chewy.com, Amazon and Ebay are good options for better prices.

The $42 price tag might sound high if it were a two or three month treatment (especially when you have four dogs) but these things are supposed to last for eight months. That's only $5.25 a month for a protection program that 1) does not put toxins into your dog's system, 2) does not irritate or burn your dog's skin, and 3) actually works to keep crawly critters off your dog! So many ticks these days seem immune to the chemicals in Frontline or other topical preparations.

We have had our Seresto collars on for a couple weeks now and have not had even one tick on our four dogs. And they are always sniffing in the tall grass on our walks. My wife and I have found several ticks on us during the same period so I know the ticks are active and omnipresent.

And I have found no significant complaints from greyhound owners I have polled about the dog's tolerance of the collar or the collar's efficacy. I think these Seresto collars are the real deal!

Edited by countrypaws

Oops, I meant 20 fleas! Not ticks. I would be terrified if there were 20 ticks on him hahaha.

One if my FB memories today - about pulling 15 ticks off the dogs after a hike. :(

I think I am going to have to go the Seresto route. After years of Zuri wearing a DAP collar I was excited to have dogs that could be naked and I dont like that when they play they will likely put the collars in their mouths because they like to play bitey face/neck, but the ingestibles probably arent better - its all chemicals - and the house we're moving to has a really wooded yard. I was there measuring for a fence for about 20 min and both I and the friend with me left with ticks on us. Frontline Plus worked well for us for years, but not in the past 6 months.

Also going to have to look into making tick boxes.

Bummed I missed the sale. If anyone sees them in sale again, please post in here!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Does anyone know how long after Frontline application you can start the Seresto?

Also, does anyone remember when I last Frontlined my dogs? :lol

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Checking back in again. The Seresto Collars are still doing their job in spite of the crazy weather we have been having in our area, the walks in the State park and all of the wild critters we have living in our Area. No ticks, No Fleas in spite of the little white one digging holes and than rolling like a banshee in the dirt. There are times you would not know she was a white greyhound with a little brown ticking color. My older black boy is so good at just staring at her being crazy. Love every minute of it. They are so different, but love each other just the same. I will never get enough greyhound.

• 3 weeks later...

Still doing great on the Seresto Collars. Walks thru the forest under the trees and in fields of tall grass and me hanging on to them for dear life as they did see a real deer. Ugh. That was a little hard on the shoulder. It was a fawn. The fawn wanted to come close to see my Pasadena, but Surprise barked so much, that it wondered away. Another day.

They are supposed to be on sale at Care-a-lot Pets though next Saturday.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the Seresto collars for the first time on our 2 grey girls for almost 2 weeks now. Our grey savvy vet (who schooled at OSU-VMC) recommended them when she thought our girls were experiencing possible flea bite allergy symptoms, even though there was/is no sign of fleas (all it takes is one flea bite, she said). The vet said that Seresto is the only product that actually repels fleas so your dog won't get bitten by them. Previous to this product I was using an all natural spray once a week from Swanson's vitamins called "Flea Flicker Tick Kicker" which the girls hated--very strong smell of cloves (didn't bother me). They would run when they see me shaking the bottle, however I didn't see any ticks or fleas on them during its use. I absolutely dread using any chemical poison for fleas & ticks in or on our greys.

Last year I used Nexgard, but discontinued that after one of the girls had an increase in neurological symptoms of random episodes of disorientation (like after having a seizure, although she never did have a full blown or minor seizure). The Nexgard product info lists neurological symptoms as a possible side effect. I would think twice about using Nexgard on a dog that already experiences seizures. After doing more research on the Seresto collars, I'm thinking of cutting them off & throwing them away!! And going back to the "Flea Flicker T.K." from Swanson's. VERY scary, non-advertised side effects from the poisons in Seresto. And these poisons are dispersed through the dog's skin to protect their entire body. So far using Seresto, our girls are experiencing itchiness around their necks & less so on the rest of their bodies. However, after reading info like this, I may cut them off today!! Fleas & ticks are bad here in SC this summer too. Sorry for writing a novel!

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/community.read?post=859429-beware-of-seresto-flea-collars