First Adequin Injection

Guest kar

I am twice a week for one month and then we'll see. Did you see results. I think I am stopping the galliprant for a few days to see if that is what is affecting her appetite. I don't like whe.she doesn't eat well. She's also very quiet.

We did the loading dose and it didn't have a noticeable effect until the third injection - then it was VERY noticeable, at least for Dune.

Good luck and I so hope it helps!!

ETA: Saw your other post. We did not see any side effects -- it's essentially a high dose of glucosamine--and it did take a few days to see any improvement. When we finished the loading dose, we saw a huge improvement in Dune, and it was clear that it helped him. YMMV.

Edited by DunesMom

gallery_17468_3098_7486.jpg
Dash (Mega Batboy), & forever missing Kipper (RD's Kiper, 2006-2015) & Souldog Dune (Pazzo Otis, 1994-2008)
"..cherish him and give him place with yourself for the rest of his but too short life. It is his one drawback. He should live as long as his owner."
James Matheson, The Greyhound: Breeding, Coursing, Racing, etc., 1929

We did the loading dose and it didn't have a noticeable effect until the third injection - then it was VERY noticeable, at least for Dune.

Good luck and I so hope it helps!!

ETA: Saw your other post. We did not see any side effects -- it's essentially a high dose of glucosamine--and it did take a few days to see any improvement. When we finished the loading dose, we saw a huge improvement in Dune, and it was clear that it helped him. YMMV.

and the boosters in the future will show even more results. i started to see a change towards the end of the loading period.

felix now gets a shot once a month. annie lasts much longer. but i do find that felix still needs his metacam. when he is in pain that's when i see his appetite diminished and general stiffness. and i have tried just about every supplement under the sun, 6 months at a clip and this made the greatest difference.

When we tried tapering off is when I noticed a marked difference... so we went back to twice weekly shots, and have remained on that dose for 6-8 months... I don't think Leyla would be around without the Adequan shots... and the acupuncture, and the Gabapentin and the Tramadol...

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

Leyla is 13.5.... she's an old lady... we have been treating LP, and progressive rear end weakness for the past two years, but her symptoms have progressed more and more the last 6-8 months... I actually thought her time was near in October, but she has responded extremely well to the Adequan shots and weekly acupuncture... I had her maxed out on Gabapentin & Tramadol, but the vet thought she was too sedated and we cut back to half the dose, and she is doing well... she has a hard time getting up, and we've cut down our walkies to a quarter of the length and time, but she still greets me at the door when I come home, and dances around me until I put on the leash and we go for that walkie... when we get back, she is pooped and takes half an hour to recover, but she lives for that walkie!!! I have a doggie door and she goes outside as often as she wants, and stays out there as long as she wants, but those walkies once a day are such a treat to her...

the day she can't get up anymore, and can't get around, will be the day I help her cross the bridge... but she is still very much alive...

god bless her. Snow is only ten. I have cut down the length of her walks, we used to walk for an hour, now we are lucky to get 20 minutes. I just don't want to push her. Hopefully the adequan shots will help her. I truly hope she makes it to 13.5 like Leyla.

I remember the days Leyla could walk for miles :ghplaybow ... when I brought her home, I didn't think she knew what walkies were... she was a double bounce... adopted and returned twice... I didn't care... she picked me at the kennel, and she was not leaving without me... she was an independent alpha who ruled with an iron fist... she let no dog invade her personal space... she was the fun police... when I took her on her first walk, she didn't know what to make of it... but within a week, she was greeting me at the door and dancing for that walkie... she walked with a purpose... she didn't stop to sniff, only to mark... and she could go for hours... now we are lucky to make it to 15 minutes without her wheezing and knuckling over... but she won't let me take a day off... she is determined to go for that one walkie a day, if it's the last thing she does... the Adequan shots and acupuncture made a real difference for Leyla, and I hope they do the same for Snow... good luck :goodluck

Well the second shot I gave snow myself did not go too well. I don't think I got all of the medication in. I did so well giving it at the vet. I hope Sunday goes better. Think I'll call the vet tomorrow.

just pull the skin up between the shoulders and stick the needle in all the way... that's how I've been doing it all this time... easy peasy :bunny

it's intramuscular, not there.

kar, the first 2 shots i gave were fine, then i became nervous. another vet friend came over for breakfast, he did it and said, any muscle, check out how to on youtube. yes, everything is there. somehow they all survive.