Perfect Form Digestive Supplement

I have discovered a miracle supplement for the battle of the soft stool! It's a digestive supplement by Honest Kitchen and it turned my dog's pudding poop into firm pick uppable by the third dose. He had to have surgery last month for foreign body obstruction (ate a cat toy, it was a terrible time) and since then I've had to hose down the yard constantly so I know you all will understand my elation and hope I can help others by sharing this. Wish I'd known about it when we first got him and took ages to sort out. They also make a powdered goat milk probiotic/digestive enzymes which I'm also giving and does help too, but the perfect form is a godsend. Have any of you tried these as well or have other helpful supplements to share?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Argymom

Wow! that's awesome! I will look for that. What I've been using is from Nature's Farmacy called digestive Enhancer and I also add some canned pumpkin or sweet potato (cooked) to his food. That also makes the poop pick-upable! At least for the 1st poop and it goes downhill from there sometimes.

Wow! that's awesome! I will look for that. What I've been using is from Nature's Farmacy called digestive Enhancer and I also add some canned pumpkin or sweet potato (cooked) to his food. That also makes the poop pick-upable! At least for the 1st poop and it goes downhill from there sometimes.

As it turns out, I jumped the gun a little, sorry. It did help, but as it turned out not as consistently as in the beginning. Sigh. I hope it works well for you, let me know! Pumpkin never worked for Si, seemed to make matters worse. And orange. So after nearly a year with him, and 4 different foods, none of which worked all that well, I finally gave up and have switched him to a local company's prepared raw diet. Amazing I tell you.... and he LOVES it. I'm not quite ready for the learning curve of balancing a raw diet on my own, so its nice to have access to meal sized frozen bricks :) And in the end its actually slightly cheaper than the last food he was on. So far we've finally got it sorted! All the best to you and your houndy in finding something that works for you, they all seem to be so different in what foods they tolerate :flip:chow

• 2 weeks later...

SimonSays, may I ask what brandof raw are you feeding? I'm feeding Nature's Variety raw turkey patties right now. This is the second greyhound I've fed raw, and have never found a kibble even close to raw that provides good digestibility (I think that's the word!).

My problem is though, that prepackaged raw has always been more expensive that even the most expensive kibble I've found.

Hi,

the brand is called Buddies Natural Pet Food, but it's locally made and sold on Vancouver Island. I'm pretty sure they don't sell it elsewhere, but could be wrong. My price comparison was to Honest Kitchen, being my final attempt. So still expensive but since I was already at that point I'm ok with it. He didn't even do well on Iams as I was hoping given the success its had with other board members, and it made him flabby. I also tried Kirklands, and Taste Of The Wild Pacific Stream. He turned up his nose to honest kitchen after a month or so and it wasn't digesting that great either. At Buddies I can buy in bulk and they have a loyalty discount so it works out cheaper than Honest Kitchen. Plus I don't have to add Olewo Carrots or whatever to try to fix digestion problems, because there aren't any. He's doing great and loves it. I'm not sure where you're located, but here the local brands are more affordable than big commercial ones like Nature's Variety etc. looking at prices at a store called Growlies here, Natures Variety is CAD $55 for 7 lbs, whereas I pay $55 - $65 for 20 lbs of Buddies in 2 lb blocks depending on which variety. Hopefully you can find a similar option, don't know if that helps.