Sign in to follow this  
galgomum

The Lwm, Cara Is Aging

Our little white monster is aging, and fast.
We are not sure how old she is, but she's been with me for about 9 years now, the guess is she is around 10, but it could be 11 also.
She's been having health issues, and recently she seemed lost, confused and returned back to being fearful.
Making a long story short, it looks like she may have degenerative myelopathy. Added to that, she is having pain.
To be clear, not looking for suggestions on treatment here, her past and her fears will not allow for extensive vet visits or MRI's or other things.
We are treating her with painkillers, cold laser and CBD oil, of which the last one seems to have the most effect.
While a few weeks ago we thought we would have to let her go within weeks, we are now confident she will be around for a while longer.

Cara has been my muse for years, but about 2 years ago I sensed she wasn't happy anymore doing our special photo sessions.
So besides the occasional snapshot for our family album, her career as a model was done.

Still, today I took her out with some yummy treats, out in the sun, the grass and enjoyed her enjoying herself.
No editing, just cropping and watermarking

Because she doesn't need it, she's still gorgeous in her golden years.

18319363_10209170646891225_2854920737164

18199102_10209170647011228_5656624334245

18238866_10209170647331236_8574022554472

18198992_10209170647451239_5586526137899

A very beautiful girl. I hope the treatments help her enjoy her senior years.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest goofydog2

I have missed seeing your beautiful Cara. Thanks for sharing her day in the sun with us!

Thank you so very much for the update. I have admired and loved the lwm since her early modeling days. The pictures are beautiful! She will always have that special energy that projects through her pictures. Heaven knows she is entitled to retire from her career! I have her book to enjoy and use as a standard for the ultimate. She is and always will be a lovely hound. I am sorry to hear of her health challenges and am happy to hear she is improving. Tell her we love her please and always will :beatheart

Lovely as ever. They develop coping-strategies in old age, and if we keep reinforcing routines they stay happier longer.

Beautiful. Looks like she was really enjoying that sun!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

She's still very pretty

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)

Missing my Bridge Babies:

Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10

Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Wonderful photos of her! :beatheart

Kendra, devoted walker of Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb).
Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/7/04 - 2/20/14, who opened our hearts to greyhounds,
    and Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/16/03 - 10/29/14, who really knew what a good dog she was.

2mmh25j.jpg2qwewxv.jpg2cok3td.jpg

She is still a beautiful girl. Hard to believe she is getting up there in age.

Lexi (mom to Nok, the former feral black kitty)

Her book is always propped up on my shelves so I can see her picture on the cover. Such a beautiful girl, and I'm glad she's feeling better.

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

2ptxppe.jpg