Paddy Mayhem (U C M E Ringneck) 8/03/09 – 4/18/17

FiveRoooooers

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are so very sorry to see that your Paddy Mayhem had to leave you.

Remember ... love that captures the heart and touches the soul remains forever. Hold his special memories close to your heart

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Oh Jan, I was shocked and truly saddened to see Paddy's name here. :cry1 Like others, I am shedding tears for a dog I've never met. He was larger than life, and I always enjoyed reading about his escapades. I am sure he leaves a huge hole in your heart and in your life. I am so very sorry. :cry1

:f_white

Run Free Paddy Mayhem! :gh_run2

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Oh no no no no no!

This can't be true. It is so KNOT rite.

I will miss the stories about his mayhem and the pictures of his adventures, but that is nothing compared to the hole he leaves with you.

Godspeed Paddy Mayhem.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

OMG! I am stunned to read this! I am so so sorry your sweet boy had to leave. It is a sad day for all of us, we loved him too. Rest well, Paddy. And make sure to make some Mayhem at the Bridge. Hugs to you Jan. f_yellow

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

I have not yet processed the loss of Paddy. I so appreciate your warm and thoughtful posts and PMs, thank you all so much. :grouphug

He adored living at Camp Greyhound and found all kinds of "fun things" to do keep your life exciting.

This made me laff, M, so true, all of Paddy's antics were done under the guise of a "fun Camp activity."

The Way

In the darkness I turned to go; my last day's

done; I'll miss you so. No time even to say

goodbye or to lick the tears spilling from

your eyes.

That's when I heard you call my name;

I knew right then I must turn back to help ease your pain.

Since I've no voice with which to speak,

its whispers in your dreams I'll make.

Ease your heart and rest your mind, my

time with you was the best of kind. I couldn't

have asked for a better friend, we've shared

our journey to the very end.

There's one final thing you need to know, I'll

whisper in your ear before I go....."I'm leaving

first to find the way...so I can lead you back here with me[and Seamie] on your last day." -(SLong)

Donna, you share the most moving quotes, this will forever be one to hold close, most especially the edit :heart:brokenheart Thank you.

I hope Aiden is ok.

Aiden 1-5 has been a bit quiet but mostly he's been in my lap. Who is comforting who? Thank you for asking about the young'un :(

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

My heart is breaking that Paddy is gone. He truly could not have had a better home than you. I think he wanted to be an only dog and get all the attention, but he loved the others too. I really don't think he would have been happy without them, as much as he might have thought so. He was always too on top of them. And you should really be proud of yourself, how you stuck with him and worked on ways to manage the mayhem. After 15 years of placing greyhounds in homes, I guarantee that in 99% of the homes he would have been returned. You helped him shine. I know he wasn't always (or most of the time) easy.

I could tell in the brief time I had him in my home that he was special. Not always good special, but special.

And you know, I saw his name in a program when he raced briefly at Southland. I told Cheryl we had to follow him and track him down for adoption once he retired because his name was like my first and most perfect greyhound. He was UCME Ringneck and she was Flying Ringneck. We had no idea what he looked like or what his personality was like. I never bothered to see what color he was. I just wanted him for our group because of the name :ding

I'll never forget the first pictures Cheryl sent of him when he came off the hauler. I thought, "holy crap, this is one of the most gorgeous dogs I have EVER seen" And he still is. I've seen very few dogs that have his striking looks. And luckily very few with his personality!

Thank you for loving him even though he was hard to love sometimes. I couldn't have found a better home for him, and he and Aiden have allowed us to become best friends :)

ringo1.png

ringo4.png

Annd there are the photos that did it for me. Those gorgeous, intense eyes and the conversation bubble over his head. Thank you for entrusting this rare individual to my care but again, I could not have managed these past four years without your guidance and support. "...and he and Aiden have allowed us to become best friends." Paddy would like that. Hugs.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thank-you for realizing that his spirit was huge enough to spread out and share with people who may have needed a little laughter in their lives. I can't tell you how many people will miss that silly, effortless, innocent joy.

Nancy, thank you for this.

And thank you all again. I truly had no idea how (in)famous Paddy Mayhem had become on this Board. He made me :lol yet :crazy and :riphair and somehow it's a comfort to know that I wasn't alone on our journey.

I just read it and I am so so very sorry for your loss. The card of Paddy with Santa hangs still on my dining room wall. I always loved your stories about him - the other Paddy, the one who could have been my Paddy's teacher in the art of mayhem.

I'm sending hugs and keep you in my thoughts.

My limited language skills be damned because I can't describe the sorrow I feel in the depth of my heart.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

So sorry. Sending hugs.

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

I'm crying with you all over again.

Whenever I hear a bit of thunder I'll presume that Paddy ALVIN! is getting into some kind of raucous mischief in the heavens.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Whenever I hear a bit of thunder I'll presume that Paddy ALVIN! is getting into some kind of raucous mischief in the heavens.

He must be tearing it up up there today based on the thunder we have been having since 3 of the am! :flip

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

This is likely to be the most chaotic, unorganized, disordered eulogy I have ever written, no doubt due to the mayhem that is scattered throughout. After a sudden and brief illness, our beautiful Paddy ALVIN! Mayhem was given his magnificent wings and has joined my 10 campers at the Bridge. While we have some thoughts as to what, the autopsy results will take some time before we can be sure. Our camp is being refilled with air, as Paddy did surely suck it out of any room he entered, but I am counting on mayhem dust to remain in every corner.

After having lost so many senior campers, including two on the same night, friends far and wide planted the seed: “Get a young dog” they said, “it will be great!” The grooming had started earlier and a bright, strikingly handsome dog with THE most beautiful eyes appeared on the radar. “He’s incredibly smart, too smart, and a bit of a handful but you can do it!” What was I thinking? :crazy Four years ago April 25, a friend and I met the hauler from St. Louis that carried “Ringo”, collateral hound Aiden, and 38 LWFs. It was a glorious weather day, just as yesterday was, and I can still see the hauler looming bold and large, coming up out of the horizon, and remembering the tears streaming down my face as I cried “Here they come!” http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/297643-the-boys-are-here-cinco-aiden/?hl=cinco Little did I know how the next four years would be shaped and ever change me. Once you live with mayhem, all bets are off. It would be unlike anything I had ever experienced.

He didn’t like the name I had planned to givel him - “Cinco” - so we called a family meeting and talked it out. http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/298008-very-important-announcement-from-cinco/?hl=cinco Mostly he did all the talking, as I was quickly learning that it was all about him. None of the names I suggested were acceptable until we came to the name in the middle of the options and he brightened and was in full agreement that he should then and forever be known as Paddy! Last name Mayhem! And, his middle name ALVIN! he earned almost immediately after that. Paddy ALVIN! Mayhem. That’s all you really needed to know to know Paddy. ‘Nuff said. It was all about him.

Paddy was such a contradiction as everything had to be all about Paddy and yet he wanted to be friends with everyone and couldn’t understand why they might not like him. He could be a real killjoy, a PIA in the grandest sense of the word, and he lived UpMyButt. But his heart was far too big for his body - he had a wonderful spirit and so much try, and he *wanted* to be good and do right. I told him quite often how sorry I was that he had ended up with us, a multi-hound camp, when he would have loved being an only. Because, you know, it was all about him.

Paddy had two short months to fall in love with Seamie :heart:brokenheart and how he loved my old man. He met his *real brother* Buster who lives nearby! http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/316370-temporarily-six-rooooooers/?hl=%2Bpaddy+%2Bmayhem He must have bonded with Aiden during the haul and they were the best of friends here. The Young’uns, my boys! http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/313610-paddy-mayhem-concerned-for-aiden/?hl=%2Bpaddy+%2Bmayhem Paddy often used Aiden as a headrest, yoga mat, or some sort of support.

Headrest%203_zpsdg5q4rhi.jpg

Aiden is still the first one in the door after turnout, and Paddy would be right on his heels, talking all the way. He has his own brand of whiskey! http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/312536-its-st-paddys-day/?hl=whiskey&do=findComment&comment=5811639 "That dog ain’t rite” is a phrase we used a LOT with Paddy and truly, he was just KNOT rite :lol:inlove He had his own, personalized, um, “training” spoon. He danced with himself and scratched his own back. He stole my socks, he encouraged Aiden 1-5 (sweet Aiden!) to think about getting into trouble, he collected Easter eggs and then pooped on a friend’s hearth. He shredded grocery bags, duct tape, and newspape :riphairhttp://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/300703-knot-cute-nor-funny-total-mayhem/?hl=naming&do=findComment&comment=5559464 He destroyed seven different colored muzzles until we discovered that indeed, turquoise was his color. That required an entire new matching wardrobe, sigh…

Paddy went to school and earned his Obedience certificate. http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/314600-paddy-mayhem-may-need-a-new-name/?hl=%2Bpaddy+%2Bmayhem Thank you to Martha for being the best dog trainer on the planet, and seeing the intelligence and kindness in a dog named Paddy Mayhem and knowing how to help him succeed. My next goal for Paddy was to earn his CGC and I regret that I didn’t focus enough to help him achieve that. Entirely my fail, not his. He had just started Noseworks with Lorrie and she too paved the way for Paddy to succeed at a new and exciting occupation. He loved Noseworks and he was good at it! On Tuesday, we should have been in class, instead we were saying our goodbyes. Tuesdays are simply the worst day of the week.

Thank you, Kelly, for the Mayhem. You believed in us both and were always there to prop me up whenever the air in the room got too thin. I am forever grateful to you. There will never be another Paddy ALVIN! Mayhem. You are right, he burned too bright to stay too long.

Paddy Mayhem. Your whiskey last night burned my throat and the tears served as a chaser. Hmmm, tears the day you arrived and the day you left. As you left the last thing you heard me say, again, was that I didn’t always like you but I DID, always, love you. Godspeed Paddy Mayhem :kiss2

Picture%20003_zpsmg5g1phc.jpg

Needless to say I was shocked to get your email today saying Paddy was at the bridge. An absolutely beautiful tribute to his life. Jan, you have a way with words and you bring them to life each time I see your writing. So wish I had the chance to meet Mayhem. RIP Paddy Alvin Mayhem. You were well loved and your certainly left Camp Greyhound way too soon

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss--and for our loss, because while it may have been all about him, your sharing of the stories of his, um, adventures brought him into all of our lives. Thank you for that. Know that he will be missed around the world! :weep:beatheart

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Jan, I have no words. This is just too much. Sweet, silly, crazy, wonderful Paddy Mahem is gone and the world is just not right. I only have tears for a dog I never met, and hugs for the woman who loved him. I wish I could wrap my arms around you for real, for comfort and support, for both of us.

Run In Peace, Paddy. You will always be loved....

:grouphug :grouphug

I just read it and I am so so very sorry for your loss. The card of Paddy with Santa hangs still on my dining room wall. I always loved your stories about him - the other Paddy, the one who could have been my Paddy's teacher in the art of mayhem.

I'm sending hugs and keep you in my thoughts.

My limited language skills be damned because I can't describe the sorrow I feel in the depth of my heart.

You "done good", thank you so much.

Thunder was always my girl with the twirl having fun with her spinning. Now that Paddy Mayhem is with her I expect we'll be seeing a whole lot more of Jim Cantore :lol

:weep:crying

Thank you all so much. :grouphug

Edited by FiveRoooooers

I can't believe I am seeing Paddie's name here, I am so very sorry Jan. I loved Paddie from afar and he will be sorely missed with all the antics you shared with us.

Run free Paddie, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Jan, I just saw this, and my heart stopped. I'm so very, very sorry. We'll all miss The one and only Paddy Mayhem.

Take care of yourself, ok?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest PiagetsMom

Jan, I'm so sorry to see this. I know I've said this to you before, but any pup who finds it's way to you is a very​ lucky pup to be so well loved.....and Paddy was. Please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. I send you a :grouphug

Jan,

I am so sorry. Hugs to you.

Amy

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]