Paddy Mayhem (U C M E Ringneck) 8/03/09 – 4/18/17

FiveRoooooers

I cried last night when I found out. Totally not fair :weep But, I believe he was sent to you for a reason, he lived his life with gusto and zest, you let him be his own dog, you didn't try and fit him into a mold that wouldn't have worked. He packed a whole lot of life into 7 short years and he loved you.

Godspeed Sweet and Best Boy................

gtsigtest5-31-1-1.jpg?t=1338477409
Mom to Emmi (WM Lickety Split) & Asia (Devious Walker)
Waiting at the Bridge: Shadow, Willow, Tony, Nina, Reggie, Sunny, Webb, Rosie, Rowdy, Ivy, Smoke & Raina

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he was just one so very special boy :( :( :( I am so very, very sorry :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry, Jan, we all loved him through you. Godspeed, Paddy Mayhem.

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

My heart is breaking that Paddy is gone. He truly could not have had a better home than you. I think he wanted to be an only dog and get all the attention, but he loved the others too. I really don't think he would have been happy without them, as much as he might have thought so. He was always too on top of them. And you should really be proud of yourself, how you stuck with him and worked on ways to manage the mayhem. After 15 years of placing greyhounds in homes, I guarantee that in 99% of the homes he would have been returned. You helped him shine. I know he wasn't always (or most of the time) easy.

I could tell in the brief time I had him in my home that he was special. Not always good special, but special.

And you know, I saw his name in a program when he raced briefly at Southland. I told Cheryl we had to follow him and track him down for adoption once he retired because his name was like my first and most perfect greyhound. He was UCME Ringneck and she was Flying Ringneck. We had no idea what he looked like or what his personality was like. I never bothered to see what color he was. I just wanted him for our group because of the name :ding

I'll never forget the first pictures Cheryl sent of him when he came off the hauler. I thought, "holy crap, this is one of the most gorgeous dogs I have EVER seen" And he still is. I've seen very few dogs that have his striking looks. And luckily very few with his personality!

Thank you for loving him even though he was hard to love sometimes. I couldn't have found a better home for him, and he and Aiden have allowed us to become best friends :)

ringo1.png

ringo4.png

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Run free sweet Paddy! :clover

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I'm so shocked to see this post...I squeaked out "No, not Paddy! Not yet!" I'm so sorry for your loss :(

That's exactly what I said. :brokenheart I just can't believe it. Paddy ALVIN! Mayhem was just so special.

Run free Sweet boy! And try not to poop on God's hearth, huh? There's a good boy.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Oh NO! I'm shocked to see Paddy Mayhem's name here! In shock.

I'm so sorry Jan :grouphug

Tin

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Stunned...so sorry :cry1. :grouphug

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

I'm so sorry, Jan. You wrote a beautiful tribute.

Paddy's picture with his bottle of whiskey is on our refrigerator and i see it multiple times a day. It's one of my all-time favorites. That picture just sums up Paddy so perfectly. It tells you all that you need to know, and makes you want to be his friend. Once again, i'm sitting here with tears streaming for a dog I never met because "he's my friend." We've all loved Paddy and Aiden since the day you announced their arrival, and we will all miss Paddy very much. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Run free, Paddy. :f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm so sorry. Just not fair that he had to leave so soon.

Godspeed, good boy (yes, you were, even in mayhem). Hugs to your people and your pup friends too.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

"Once again, i'm sitting here with tears streaming for a dog I never met because "he's my friend." We've all loved Paddy and Aiden since the day you announced their arrival, and we will all miss Paddy very much. Thank you for sharing him with us."

Jan, I have no words. This is just too much. Sweet, silly, crazy, wonderful Paddy Mahem is gone and the world is just not right. I only have tears for a dog I never met, and hugs for the woman who loved him. I wish I could wrap my arms around you for real, for comfort and support, for both of us.

Run In Peace, Paddy. You will always be loved....

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Jan, I am speechless. I read about Paddy in the WFUBCC... just could KNOT believe it.

Run with the angels Paddy. You were a special soul and found the perfect home for your all too short time on earth.

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Oh, Jan...much sadness and many heavy hearts today, reading your perfect tribute, smiling through tears. Everything feels a little less bright, and the space left by his absence seems as if it can never be filled. You were both so blessed---you to have found such an exceptional dog, and he to have found the perfect person to embrace his mayhem. :wub: Thank-you for realizing that his spirit was huge enough to spread out and share with people who may have needed a little laughter in their lives. I can't tell you how many people will miss that silly, effortless, innocent joy.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Paddy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

My heart sank when I read this...not Paddy, it can't be. I don't have any words of wisdom or comfort, just tears and hugs and know that my heart hurts for you. :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross