Middle Age And Hrt!

So my beautiful brindle girl is now officially middle aged. A bit of spay incontinence, and she's started on estrogen to assist. Hard to think of her as aging and slowing down, but she's doing well otherwise. At 7, I am aware that we are moving into peak osteo years, and when the vet and I began discussing treatment options for the incontinence, he told me it really came down to a choice between the hormones, which may increase her risk of some types of cancer, or ones working on the sympathetic nervous system which may increase anxiety and agitation/ aggression. Given she has suffered from separation anxiety and some fear aggression, we've gone for the one which will hopefully not increase her distress. But it is hard to think of her beginning the second half or her life.

So much love!

There are other ways. You can work with herbal or homeopathic remedies without side effects. Ask a holistic vet if there is one in your area. Or you can pm me. I work with those remedies for years - arthritis, tremors, dementia related systems.

I have 3 hounds - 7, 11 and 12 and none of them is on some kind of meds.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).