Who's Coming To Gig This Year?

2greyhoundMINI

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto!

Remind me what you looked like. And yes I was your SS I think 3 years ago.

If it was Saturday, I was wearing a Greyhound Mom red shirt. Friday, I had on a Houndtime Clocks shirt. I am shortish with blond hair, glasses and look very much like Julia Roberts (Ha!).

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

This is probably a really stupid question... but what is GIG?

Sorry, I'm a new greyhound owner so I don't know many of the get together events that go on, but this looks like a lot of fun!

This is probably a really stupid question... but what is GIG?

Sorry, I'm a new greyhound owner so I don't know many of the get together events that go on, but this looks like a lot of fun!

No worries!

GIG = Greyhounds in Gettysburg.

Just took place a few weekends ago. Very fun time.

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Its our favorite event. The area is beautiful. Lots of history to explore and lots and lots of greyhounds.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

• 9 months later...

Greyhound Gang is Going to GIG!

We are leading off the tremendous slate of speakers GIG has lined up this year with our Fast & Furious - and very organic - Q&A Session - Why Does My Hound do THAT??

Hundreds of hounds have taught me a lot, and as a former teacher, I love to pass knowledge on - particularly when it helps extend the lives and well-being of our hounds.

Friday, 4/27 at Noon.

Start off your GIG experience with love and laughter - you can always shop! Every question gets a booklet and surprises are given away throughout the session to humans and hounds.

Claudia & Greyhound Gang
100% Helps Hounds

GIG Bound!

Greyhound Gang is Going to GIG!

We are leading off the tremendous slate of speakers GIG has lined up this year with our Fast & Furious - and very organic - Q&A Session - Why Does My Hound do THAT??

Hundreds of hounds have taught me a lot, and as a former teacher, I love to pass knowledge on - particularly when it helps extend the lives and well-being of our hounds.

Friday, 4/27 at Noon.

Start off your GIG experience with love and laughter - you can always shop! Every question gets a booklet and surprises are given away throughout the session to humans and hounds.

Wonderful!

my gang and I will try and get there by noon!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Planning to go but can't confirm what day yet because I don't have my work schedule yet...

Is it worth it to go just for Sunday or would Saturday be better if I had to pick only one day?

Personally I’d go Saturday if you have a choice... a lot of vendors pack up Sunday.

Also-the costume contest is on Saturday!!! (My favorite...)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Hoping both hounds make it this year.... fingers crossed for June!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't often get to come to GIG because I'm usually hosting Greyhound Gathering - Kanab. But this year I'm taking a break, so I can join in the fun and not be charge!

I'll be lead off speaker on Friday at Noon. Hope people show up :). The blurb about the talk:

Why Does My Hound Do THAT???
They Sniff, Snort and Snuggle. Roo, Roost and Run. WHY?

We all know greyhounds are special, and their behaviors can cause you to hoot, head scratch and holler. During this organic Q&A session, your question gets you a free Why Does My Hound do THAT?? booklet. Other prizes given out during the talk too, depending on how fast and furious the questions fly from the fantastic audience. I was last at GIG in 2013, and we had over 100 humans and hounds hollering.

Greyhound Gang will also be offering limited supplies of really cool t-shirts and Get Up & Go supplements (just on Friday and Saturday) - for arthritis, fear of storms/fireworks, to boost immune systems, help incontinence and separation anxiety and so much more. All products can be used by humans too!

Looking forward to laughing with everyone - and petting lots of hounds.

Claudia & Greyhound Gang
100% Helps Hounds

GIG Bound!

I won't be coming this here. My new little Podenco Maneto has some medical things to deal with first. Hopefully we'll be there next year.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

We're going to miss you Ducky.

Ah, shucks. Thanks Mary Pat! I'll miss you guys too.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

That's what I was thinking might happen. Thanks for confirming!

we have been instructed NOT to leave early. i do remember a post on fb about vendors leaving early???? ....but there should be some bargains before the vendors pack up! also, some good talks on sunday.