Sign in to follow this  
galgomum

Introducing Tia

After a whirlwind of a year, SAGE (Save A Galgo Espanol) is in calmer water for a bit.
In the last few months we had up to 9 galgos in our home.
But just before Christmas, all of our fosters, except for one found a home.
Around the end of February we hope to do our first transport and bring over 3 rescued galgos.
But right now we do enjoy seeing Tia blossom.
Tia is a special case (aren't they all?)
She has an old break in one of her front legs and needs a brace to go out on walks, around the house she manages really well (except for me getting a sick feeling in my stomach when I see her leg bend when she is running in the yard)
She really is a sweetheart who doesn't ask much besides snuggling on the couch in the evening, she's quite persistant about that.

Her former owner branded her and its quite clear she was used to produce many litters.

Yet, she knows how to be happy once she knows you, she has the best helicopter tail and eyes to die for.
In our home she is really comfortable, outside our houses it is scary and she shows her stubborn inner galgo.15844522_10208244651981931_8914496307177

Just love this girl <3

At this moment we are committed to bring over Majestic and Treasure from 112Carlota galgos, and 3 from FBM which will be our next transport.
One of them we already know who it will be.
15843939_1177035772404333_91362777947016
This is Rosco, 7 months old at this moment and operated on a broken hip when he was 5 months old.
He was thrown over a fence into a yard, and luckily the person who found him contacted FBM.

My friend Donna is at FBM at this moment and tells me he is an old soul.
Everyone at FBM is in love with him, so I am in for trouble I fear :)

Anyway, just wanted to update a little, haven't been around much the last year

Edited by galgomum

What they said. :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees: Aiden. Bea. Punkin. Annie. Miss M. Cletus, knot like the others.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno.Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

They are so lovely. How old is Tia?

I've been following Roscoe's story---glad he's doing so well.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila, and kitty Simon
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily and Sam
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Pinzon is utterly stunning. Unbelievable. It's a good thing I have my quota of dogs +1 too many. Or maybe it's too bad I have my quota. He made me gasp when I saw him. And what is Nilla's story?

Pinzon is utterly stunning. Unbelievable. It's a good thing I have my quota of dogs +1 too many. Or maybe it's too bad I have my quota. He made me gasp when I saw him. And what is Nilla's story?

She's about 2 years old, does well with other dogs, tested cat trainable but needs time to trust, she is on the shy side.

Dumped at FBM, deemed useless by her owner

She's about 2 years old, does well with other dogs, tested cat trainable but needs time to trust, she is on the shy side.

Dumped at FBM, deemed useless by her owner

Thank you. She has a look to her I cannot put in words but it reminds me of my lurcher. Not to say Nilla looks like a lurcher. It's more in her body language, expression, ear carriage.