Princess Leia 5/6/03 To 12/9/16

Guest FordRacingRon

Working to fill the gap, maybe, in their way?

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did get a picture. Ran around the house looking for my phone because I knew it wold be gone soon. got 2 pictures. and a few seconds later.......gone.

Sometimes I sit here and wonder about these 2 cats I have. One never came in the house (only had her since August. most comfortable outside, she was feral), the other finally got to come in occasionally about a year ago when Leia could care less (she had her own rooms in the house so Leia wouldn't go after her, been here 3 years),,but she stayed another part of the house. Leia got to the point she would just walk by them and ignore them both. Now I let them both in and the way they act puzzles me.

They lay in Leia's spots, in Leia's positions (A roaching cat?). Last night one was laying in the spot in the den where Leia lay most of the time , and she stares at he door like she sees something. Then her head moved like she was watching something walk into the room and lay next to her. Later that night the other lied down in the spot Leia would sleep in at night,,in front of our bedroom door, and stared at me like Leia did for years. Then rolled over in a roach, like Leia used to do. These cats never did this stuff before and never saw Leia do it.

Weird.

No, not weird at all :) That IS Princess Leia trying to show you she has never left. I learned from experience, and animal communication, and quantum mechanics etc. that our departed angels can return through an animal still in body on earth if the"earth" animal allows it. It may be as short as for a few minutes or it may be longer. Our angel dogs did not "die" when they crossed over-only their body did. Their spirit-the real them- the part we loved- goes on and can return. Your cats have allowed Leia to visit through them-probably because they know how much you guys love each other. The fact that they do this for you should enhance your bond with them. But no it is not weird at all.

I see this all the time with my pack. And many of the "shared" behaviors are unusual and very specific- so there can be no doubt that the greyt who crossed over is responsible. It is extremely comforting to me and oh how wonderful it is to know that the ones who crossed over are still with me in my life and we are still enjoying each others love. Fact is they don't have to be in an earth suit to do that. In my pack these occurrences are commonplace- a piece of everyday life-and I realize I am very greatly blessed by it. It IS very real. I see Gilly exhibiting so many of Minny's unique little behaviors so often sometimes I even inadvertently call him Minny. And my working dog K9 Reba who was not even born when my greyhound bridge angel Goldie crossed over has even done the same thing-allowing him to exhibit some very specific Goldie behavior through her in order to share it with me again! Also it can't happen unless the earth animal(s) are willing to participate. I have found most are and of course they allow it because they know how comforting it is to us and then this results also in the bond with them growing even stronger-because in our heart we know it too and recognize that they are expressing their love and understanding for us by allowing it.

Probably the first time this happened to me was after houndie Goldie (Golden Earing) had crossed over.

One thing Goldie did was take his right paw and extend it forward and lay it in my hand while we were staring at each other. He was NOT shaking hands- although he knew how and would happily do so. This was entirely different. It clearly and powerfully focused on our shared journey and spirits. It was reminiscent of the way the wolf placed his paw in St. Francis' hand.

This occurred mainly during the two most stressful times of Goldie's life. First, when he initially came to me as a nervous wreck scared to do anything but hide. Lastly was near the end of his time on earth. He did it much more frequently those last months then ever before and I noticed this. At the time I believed the increased frequency was an acknowledgement that we were going through his health ordeal together. It always caused each of us to feel better and know that everything was alright.

I had houndie "Cash" at that time for several months. She was 6 years old and rather set in her ways. One of her ways is that she is protective of her feet and will usually try to snatch them back from you if you take them. She has never offered me any foot for anything. She no doubt endured a great deal of pain due to a previous fracture and is understandably sensitive about her feet and legs.

Strangely around Thanksgiving Day she offered me her right paw in Goldie’s typical fashion. I dismissed it as being a surprising coincidence. After all it is a nice dog thing some of them do-even Slim has done it before- so I didn't think more of it. It happened a couple of more times over the next day or so. I thought "Wow, isn't that something that she has started doing that- its like Goldie used to do." I actually felt kind of sad about it because I didn't want to me reminded of Goldie's "loss" so frequently. Between Goldie and me it had been unique and special.

Then one day she sat down directly in front of me and did it while staring at me with deep piercing eyes in such a way that it was unmistakable. It was from Goldie! For a few moments it was like she was him-the mannerisms, movements, the presence was identical. I gave my hand and received her paw and knew. I looked at her and said "Goldie had you do that didn't he"? She made no movements, her eyes never changed, there was no understanding, it was like she hadn't heard me-there was just that piercing stare, that paw in my hand, and the awe and beauty of what had just happened.

The next morning I tried to get her to do it again. She didn't. She couldn't even understand what I was asking her to do. She was completely puzzled and just looked at me inquisitively. After doing it for almost a week she had no recollection at all and in fact was like the original Cash-she preferred to keep her feet to herself. This just confirmed what I already knew in my heart. It WAS from Goldie. He was sending me his love and letting me know that he was fine, and that WE WOULD NEVER BE SO FAR APART THAT WE WOULDN'T SHARE EACH OTHERS LOVE. I think that is one of the things your Princess Leia is telling you.

Guest FordRacingRon

The next morning I tried to get her to do it again. She didn't. She couldn't even understand what I was asking her to do. She was completely puzzled and just looked at me inquisitively. After doing it for almost a week she had no recollection at all and in fact was like the original Cash-she preferred to keep her feet to herself. This just confirmed what I already knew in my heart. It WAS from Goldie. He was sending me his love and letting me know that he was fine, and that WE WOULD NEVER BE SO FAR APART THAT WE WOULDN'T SHARE EACH OTHERS LOVE. I think that is one of the things your Princess Leia is telling you.

These cats are doing things they have never done. they roach sort of, (Leia was a horrific roacher), they want belly rubs. Leia liked to lay near me and put her paws on me like I was her anchor. One of the cats is doing that. One cat (my first, the indoor cat) always stares at places Leia used to be. I know we could say they learned this for her by copying,,,but they never ever interfaced with her ever. If she was in a room, the inside cat would not go into that room. The outside cat had never been in the house until Leia left me,,,she too hangs out in Leia's spots. She only watched Leia from afar when Leia went outside, and only for a couple of months before Leia left. They both follow me aroudn when I am moving and always want to know where I am. They never ever cared before.

But,,I so miss my big dog girl (one of the things we called her). I still tear up every day. Just not so dramatically.

These cats are doing things they have never done. they roach sort of, (Leia was a horrific roacher), they want belly rubs. Leia liked to lay near me and put her paws on me like I was her anchor. One of the cats is doing that. One cat (my first, the indoor cat) always stares at places Leia used to be. I know we could say they learned this for her by copying,,,but they never ever interfaced with her ever. If she was in a room, the inside cat would not go into that room. The outside cat had never been in the house until Leia left me,,,she too hangs out in Leia's spots. She only watched Leia from afar when Leia went outside, and only for a couple of months before Leia left. They both follow me aroudn when I am moving and always want to know where I am. They never ever cared before.

But,,I so miss my big dog girl (one of the things we called her). I still tear up every day. Just not so dramatically.

This makes me smile. You know it is not "the cats" ......you and big dog girl recognize (and always will) each others spirit...your hearts know.

Princess Leia has taught you, as my bridge angels have taught me, that LOVE is far far more powerful than we ever imagined. NOTHING in the entire universe trumps it; nor could we ever find a better teacher than our soul mates.

Guest FordRacingRon

One month today. Coping better but as everyone says,,it never is going to leave.

I have one cat that rolls over for belly rubs now. Is that normal for a cat? When Leia was comfortable she would always let out a big sigh,,I have one cat that does that now.

Its normal for a cat that allows Leia to visit through them :) Same goes for the sigh.......and all the other signs she will send you.

The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see, and knows what the mind cannot understand. -Robert Valett

The heart is forever making the head its fool. -François de la Rochefoucauld

Go to your bosom; knock there, and ask your heart what it doth know… William Shakespere

Doesn't seem like its been a whole month. But one month or a hundred months you two will always be together loving and growing-in a different sort of way yes- but it is not necessarily a lesser sort of way. Love will continue to grow strong always and forever. :f_white

... if he wakes in Your arms...

by R. A. S.

I can hardly see through my tears... today I sent my best friend of years
and years somewhere he had to go, where pain and sickness he won't have to know.
He's been with me ever since he was a pup... today I've had to give him up.
He was sick, we both knew it and I wouldn't put him through it.

Thinking back to the day my wife brought him, I told her then that I didn't want him...
"Noise and mess and bills to pay!" - I can't believe I felt that way.
Didn't know that in the end, he would be my dearest friend.
Didn't know that he would be the greatest gift that came to me.

How did one like me deserve a friend who wanted just to serve?
What was there that made him love me, with nobody else above me?
When I looked into his eyes, never did he criticize,
never did he hold a grudge, never did he try to judge.

Recently, an anxious day. "How come you don't want to play?"
Took him to the vet to see what might be wrong with my "puppy".
Worse by far than I expected, fatal illness was detected.
Nothing much that we could do but keep him comfy til he's through.

Back at home I tried to tell him of the bad luck that befell him
All I could see in his eyes was wondering why his master cries.
I don't think he understood - his eyes just asked "Wasn't I good?"
"How come now I make you sad? Let me kiss and hug you, dad!"

Two last weeks I had to try to find a way to say goodbye.
In that time I told him more than I ever had before
just how much I loved my pup, how it hurt to give him up.
How though gone, he'd always be inside my heart, a part of me.

Then today was no mistaking, I made the decision, my heart was breaking.
I called and asked the vet to come by - I didn't have to tell him why.
He arrived in awhile and asked "Are you ready?" I sighed, I nodded, I felt so unsteady.
Got down on the floor by my boy who was dying, and I just didn't care if the vet saw me crying.

As my pup slipped away, the last things he felt were the kisses and hugs of his master who knelt
On that "blankie" beside him to bid him goodbye, who had just one more minute to tell him, to try
to say thanks to his boy for a lifetime of love.... "Dear God, let me see him in heaven above!
But for now Lord, please hold him, watch over his rest... if he wakes in Your arms tell him I love him best."

Please keep this poem in its entirety and attribute it to the author if you download it and use it in any way. Thank you.
Copyright © 1996 by R. A. S.

Ron, my heart breaks for you. It's a total gut-punch to suddenly go from having one dog who is your very best friend, to coming home to no dog at all. It's been more than 5 years since we lost Turbo suddenly and I still mourn him. Your love of Leia has always shown through every single one of your posts. She clearly had a wonderful life with you and your wife. Your pain is palpable and I'm so, so sorry you're going through this. I'm so, so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I am sorry for your loss of Princess Leia.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

:grouphug

You never get over the loss of a beloved pet. When Buster passed it was the hardest thing I've ever dealt with, but now I can think of him without the pain.

Guest FordRacingRon

Hope today turns out better for you. Maybe Leia will visit or send a sign :)

Mid-week blues again. Weeped a bit on my walk while taking to her. Someone posted (here on on facebook?) about talking to their animal communicator about their dog that is at the bridge and some of the things she had written that were told to her really helped a lot too, even though it wasn't about Leia. I assume the same would apply to Leia,,,although I do have a communicator that spoke with Leia years ago, made me think of calling her. I know a lot of people believe it's bunk but if I relayed some of the things she told us without speaking to us beforehand , it would make one believe something is going on there.

Today I have been asking Leia for help to get these two dang cats together to be friends. I have to separate them all the time because they just want to fight. I think one of them is listening to her (the one that I consider my cat, she bonded with me) and the other one (bonded to my DW) doesn't seem to want to play. They both knew Leia and never bothered "the old doggy" when she was near them so I am hoping they will listen.

I am also sad seeing all the pups go this month,,too many so fast.

Well all I can tell you is it has been my experience that that animal communication is indeed very real. By training I am a chemist-a scientist. My soulmate Slim is the one that taught me about ac. He drove me to ac to try and explain his behaviors and then was when I discovered, as you did, that it can be amazingly spot on. Initially I struggled a little with it-how in the world can you explain it? But I began to learn that it was nothing more than the very same quantum mechanics I had studied in physics and chemistry. Simply put everything is energy-and exhibits energy properties. Einstein and them old guys were actually quiet in touch with reality after all hehe. I actually took some courses in ac which re-enforced everything I had already observed and that I thoroughly enjoyed. It has been extremely helpful to me to be able to communicate with dogs(here and at the bridge) on that level. For me it is real but I respect the opinion of others that are not lucky enough to realize it hehe.

With you and Leia being so close you are already there. She has reached out for you and you have embraced it-she taught you well! However you may still find additional understanding/comfort from an animal communicator checking in with Princess Leia if Leia is good with it. Sometimes our own emotional attachments to our dogs can interfere with our ability to clearly communicate with them and understand what they are trying to tell us. For this reason I still will ask Latifa to speak to my animals when needed so I am sure I have not missed the mark being so emotionally involved with them. For the most part though I understand quite well and quite clearly what they are telling me-whether I want to or not. But I would just do whatever I felt Leia would want-ask her if you should enlist an ac or not.

As far as the cats- Leia is probably the only one who can help with that one! Cats are kind of a mystery to me.