Princess Leia 5/6/03 To 12/9/16

Guest FordRacingRon

Leia left when it was her time. NOTHING you could have done would have changed that. If it wouldn't have happened one way than it would have another way but she would have crossed over. However she IS still with you! It's just difficult for you to see through the grief and despair and fear of loss. Don't forget the more you experience those negative emotions like grief the further you are from her and the less you can feel her because those emotions are far away from the love frequency she is on. Try to remember to focus on the love-the more you do the more you will feel her.

OF COURSE the keyboard caper was a sign! Stop and think what are the odds that could have randomly happened? Astronomical-out of the millions of sites it could have gone to it went to that one. She knows you were uncertain about the 'adopt a greyhound' towel incident so she has sent you a second message via the computer by literally taking you to the group you got her from. Remember I told you she would send you confirmation of the towel message if you asked her or needed it. And notice this 2nd message is much more undeniable than the first. Its one thing for a towel to fall on the floor. A person could always say it could have just been a coincidence. But then to take you literally to the greyhound groups page via cats walking on a keyboard? What more do you expect her to do? The computer is just another of the things they use to communicate with us. (And by the way don't think the cats didn't know what was going on either.) I would encourage you to respond to her. You and DW look at the houndies on that site. You don't have to imagine or force anything(or fear anything). But what harm is there in just responding to her guidance? You will know what to do if you listen to her and you know you can trust her to guide you into what is best for you. She probably knows you better than you know yourself. Be open minded and let her in so you can feel her again and know she has never left you and never will. You 2 are attached and always will be. She has not gone. You know that. In your heart you know that and that is why you can't wrap your head around it. You know very well that neither of you would ever leave the other. And you can see her still reaching out and communicating with you and loving you even though in your mind you don't understand it. Here is a link you might take some comfort from; there are some article links at the bottom: http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1100830181134&ca=a8bbeff3-ff41-4ac3-9024-ae21fd5995f9

Thanks for the update! I'm glad she reached out to you again- I know how comforting that is! Keep in touch :)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FordRacingRon

Brought her home today and put her behind my favorite picture. For me it is comforting, to my sister and wife, there is something wrong with me having her in the house. Ultimate goal is a nice spot in the yard (she loved lying out in the yard in the dark). But it will take a while to get her spot ready.

One of our cats,,the one that typed on my computer,,has taken over Leia's spot in our den.

Brought her home today and put her behind my favorite picture. For me it is comforting, to my sister and wife, there is something wrong with me having her in the house. Ultimate goal is a nice spot in the yard (she loved lying out in the yard in the dark). But it will take a while to get her spot ready.

One of our cats,,the one that typed on my computer,,has taken over Leia's spot in our den.

Remember what I told you on the 13th: "...They often visit through another dog that is currently here. Most times people think they have lost it. The new dog is inexplicably doing very specific behaviors that the crossed over dog used to do. But that is all completely real and completely normal. So long as the dog still here permits it the crossed over dog can visit through them-and some do and some don't. But I tell you so if it happens to you don't think you have lost it-just enjoy it for what it is-a visit from your beloved. "... Although I said dog it of course applies to all animals. That is your girl visiting you; lying in her spot as usual; trying to show you she really is still with you. I don't know how long it will go on before she may move to a different way to express it but she's trying to comfort you and make you smile. It's interesting isn't it that she chose that particular cat. I wonder will she continue to use that cat or will she maybe visit through the other one sometime. Now don't forget that Leia can only visit that way if the cat(s) or other animal allows it and so it also speaks to the love that the cats have for you that they do allow it and participate-more love!

Its too bad DW and your sister aren't comfortable with her being in the house. Perhaps as time goes on and they too realize she really is still there, albeit in spirit form, they will feel better. Of course I totally understand how it is comforting to you.

Thank you for sharing all these signs she has sent you! It actually makes me feel better too to see once again that the ultimate power love rules and that even death cannot take it away. :)And I have to tell you I am not surprised....I could always tell Princess Leia was "special" :

"Some animals...leave a trail of glory behind them.

They give their spirit to the place where they have lived,

and remain forever a part of the rocks and streams and the wind and sky."

- Marguerite Henry

I am just seeing this now. I am so very sorry for your loss. I am so sorry you all had to suffer those last hours. Of course your wife shouldn't blame herself, but that is always easier said than done. Just remind her that she wouldn't blame a chair if Leia had run into a chair so she shouldn't be so hard on herself. You lost a family member that you loved, of course you are grieving.

Ron, please don't second guess your decision. You did the right thing by her, she knows it. I lost Carl suddenly and horrifically, it haunts me to this day. I try to focus on all the years of love and joy we had together and not the last few hours.

This. Today is the anniversary of the day I lost Morgaine to status epilepticus. Two of the most evil words I know. She was a giant bruiser of a girl who had knocked around for a long time before being adopted (90 lbs! and 6 feet tall when she stood, which she loved to do). I lost her just prior to our 3 year anniversary, when she was finally starting to know she was home and to blossom. But those years were her best. She was loved, she had adventures, and two years ago, eight years after losing her, she sent me Tallulah on this day. Hold on to the love and know that is all that Leia remembers.

This. Today is the anniversary of the day I lost Morgaine to status epilepticus. Two of the most evil words I know. She was a giant bruiser of a girl who had knocked around for a long time before being adopted (90 lbs! and 6 feet tall when she stood, which she loved to do). I lost her just prior to our 3 year anniversary, when she was finally starting to know she was home and to blossom. But those years were her best. She was loved, she had adventures, and two years ago, eight years after losing her, she sent me Tallulah on this day. Hold on to the love and know that is all that Leia remembers.

A beautiful love story. :beatheart

Guest FordRacingRon

I know this is weird, but I brought her home yesterday and I still feel better then before she came home.

She was the favorite pet at our local Petco and every time I go in they asked about her (she stopped going with me when the floors got too slippery). I was hoping putting off going there for a while but had to go there today, needed rabbit stuff. That was hard. Next will be my dentist. He has a huge bulletin board with pictures and cards that people have given him and there is a 10x11 photo of Leia dead center. Featured.

I had to go to the doctor 2 days ago and it was tough talking to him, but I told him the story and he said I did the right thing,,there was no coming back for her, don't second guess it.

But I still miss my dog.

You are always always going to miss her earthly presence. I still always miss Slim. I miss getting bit; I miss him smiling at me when I come home home; I miss him RULING the household and keeping all the other dogs in line; I miss the security he provided-he was literally ferocious about protecting me from anybody and he unfailingly protected our home-even successfully engaged some thug(s)? trying to break in one day when I was at work; I could literally write a book about how much I miss him; every night I miss having to hold his snout shut with my hand so he wouldn't bite me when I gave him my goodnight kiss- Slim was THE man- no doubt about it. But it don't make me so sad anymore to miss those things because he has shown me that he is still with me everyday just like he always was albeit not in an earthly dog suit. I still have him to lean on and to call for help if necessary-and yes he has shown positively- the real him that I loved, his spirit, is STILL here and still watching out for me and interacting with me-thats whats important. He doesn't have to be in his earthly greyhound suit to comfort me or play with me or anything else.

Gotta tell another story because it has bearing on this. After Slim crossed over I noticed that another of my hounds Cash did not seem to be too upset about it and was just acting like nothing had happened. He was the pack leader-hers too- his crossing over WAS a major happening. So I asked her why she was not sad or upset about his having crossed. And she told me that it was because he "had more power now than he ever did when he was here." I didn't quite understand that at the time but I do now and that is one of the things that has made it easier for me to accept the way Slims & mines new relationship is since he crossed. He does have more power now. He has done concrete things that illustrate that! So while I might miss some of the old things we did when he was in body I now get to enjoy things he didn't do or maybe couldn't do while he was here-like for instance arrange to send me Bobber AND Gilly Boy as he has done. I think you will find that out too. Leia can and will do things with you still- some may be somewhat different than the way they were when she was here in body and some may not- but they are all good because you get to interact with her and go forward in life WITH her-just like you did before. When I think about it do I really care that today Slim engaged me by supernaturally moving a special picture (that was braced and could not move on its own) rather than smiling at me when I came home? No. The important thing to me is that he still interacts WITH me- still sends me signs so I know he is well and doing what he is supposed to be doing. And I know if I don't see one for a while and feel I need one I can ask him and he will then ALWAYS send another one to comfort me. And it will be something weird about it to prove that it was from him and was not just a coincidence. And I have noticed that some other dogs who have crossed have also accomplished FAR more good-helped far more people and pets-spread infinitely more love-then they ever were able to do when they were actually alive here in their earth suits. MWD Gabe is one of them for instance. When he was here he save many of our soldiers because he was a bomb sniffing dog in war.He was the 2012 AHS Hero Dog of the Year. After he crossed over in his honor his handler started a small rescue movement. This was because he himself had been rescued off death row in a Texas shelter and sent to training for his new career. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE all the good that dog has accomplished from the other side!!!!!! He's got like a quarter million FB ("Gabe to the Rescue" )followers I think and because he used to go to schools to help children the movement has even expanded to helping children that have been hit by tragedies etc. From the other side he has saved thousands of dogs off death row and children that were needing love too and of course all the people that have been positively affected by his love. Fact is he has spread more love and helps more people and pets as I speak than a lot of groups and people that are here right now. So don't forget Leia has more power now-and you and I both know how she will use it don't we? To love!

Nothing unusual about feeling comforted with her ashes there in the house with you. Of course she is a comfort to you. Death or nothing else can destroy her energy. She is on the perfect frequency of love now- who would not be comforted by that if they realized it? She DID put a little piece of her soul next to yours before she left. You were always together and were a part of each other when she was here in body; just because she crossed over doesn't mean that has to change. So now for time eternal you will be a part of each other. The heart KNOWS what the mind can't understand. Your heart knows-that is why it is comforting. Thats the way it is supposed to be. Keep listening to Princess Leia and she will keep you not just comforted but some day you will actually be able to smile again WITH her.

Edited by racindog

Guest FordRacingRon

Funny you bring up Gabe. I am one of his followers and have been forwarding his posts for a long time. We have helped a lot of pooches with Gabe To The Rescue.

Time for our walk. Little bit of rain. Leia loved walking in the rain,,she was pretty much water and bomb proof. I thought in a previous life she must have been a bomb handler because loud noises and explosions,,nothing. She is the one you had to lift her head to vacuum under her.

Guest PiagetsMom

Ron, I'm so very sorry. I know you've been down a long and sometimes difficult road with Leia, and I know how much you loved her. No matter how long we are blessed to have them a part of our lives, it's just never long enough. Again, I'm so very sorry :grouphug

Funny you bring up Gabe. I am one of his followers and have been forwarding his posts for a long time. We have helped a lot of pooches with Gabe To The Rescue.

Time for our walk. Little bit of rain. Leia loved walking in the rain,,she was pretty much water and bomb proof. I thought in a previous life she must have been a bomb handler because loud noises and explosions,,nothing. She is the one you had to lift her head to vacuum under her.

She may have been Ron! Slim actually was a sentry/detection dog named Ruthless before he came to me-not sure what his breed was then. Thats an amazing story I'll have to tell you sometime too! Kind of good you 2 walking in the rain again! And don't it make you smile to know that you always will be able to?

So happy you are part of Gabe Nation! It is wonderful isn't it? So much love there that is sent to everyone and it all started from one amazing labrador found abandoned in a TX shelter. Not surprised you're a Gabe follower as well though! And I know you therefore totally understand the point I was trying to make when I brought it up. And don't forget you never have to stop referencing or telling folks about Princess Leia and how wonderful she is and the signs and things she sends. She IS with you and you have every right and reason to speak of her now and be proud of her now- just as you did before-she will NEVER be far from you-she will always be a part of your life. Notice Chuck still talks and is so proud of Gabe-and everyone understands it and loves it-because it is right and proper.

Do you perceive a kind of excitement of the future you 2 have together now? I do :) I wonder what she will do next. I wonder what goodness she will bring about next. She has more power now to bring about more good then she ever did before. She picked YOU out of everybody else in the world because she knew she could count on you to continue to help, understand, love, and be a part of her still. Just think, her and Gabe could be cooking something up now! You never know :) One thing for sure is that she will continue to be a force for good in the world because she has you to help her still. It is GOOD. It is most sad that she had to cross over but there is no denying that what you 2 still have together- now and always- is very good and very special.

Edited by racindog

Guest FordRacingRon

I think when you find the special dog, just like that special person,,they change you forever and you form a bond that will never break. I believe you can have a 4 legged soul mate the same as you can have a 2 legged soul mate. I found both of mine.

I do know there is more then what we see. I have personally had a couple of experiences I won't share hear but I do know there are things many think are hooey that I have experienced so I know they are real.

This week, Monday and Tuesday, I wasn't feel too blue and both days I know I heard or smelled things that could only be related to Leia. Yesterday I was really down and back to my sadness and nothing special happened. I can see how the grief is holding back the energy from Leia.

I got to pet an insane fun dog today and that lifted me a bit so I am going to focus a bit on Leia for a while (we missed our walk today,,to wet,,,funny she would have gone without hesitation but without her I saw no need to get drenched!).

Sounds like you've got a great understanding of things Ron!

I thought this was beautiful for Christmas....

THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
AT RAINBOW BRIDGE

'Twas the night before Christmas, at Rainbow Bridge too.
We Bridgekids were thinking as always of you.
We'd seen how the holidays weren't bright this year,
Heard you whisper so often, "I wish you were here!"

We know how you wish you could just stay in bed
And sleep through the holiday lying ahead,
When all celebrate with their loved ones so near...
Unless they have loved ones on this side this year.

But we're no less alive here, on the other side.
If you could just see us, you'd've laughed and not cried.
The dogs all in harness, pulling the sleigh.
The cats all in Santa hats pointing the way.

The pet birds all flying back over the rainbow,
Bound homeward in spite of Earth's darkness and snow.
All the pets that you've lost, pets for whom you've cried,
Flying home on this Christmas to be by your side.

If you feel warm fur brush you when no pet's around,
Hear a soft bark or purr, just a ghost of a sound,
We're trying to tell you we're visiting this way,
And our visits, even rainbows, can be on any day.

But for Christmas we have something special to do,
A sleighful of happy dream visits for you.
On doggy, on kitty, on winged friend and ferret!
The love that you lavished, we mean now to share it!

We're fetching that love home, the way we once played,
With the closeness we shared and the memories we made.
Our Earth lives with you were too short for us, too,
And on this Christmas Eve we have so much to do.

So all through this night as you sleep in your beds,
Sweet visions of furbabies dance in your heads.
This one special night we can bring you Home for a while,
Your true home in Heaven, where again you will smile.

Over the rainbow you'll fly, for a short while this night,
Hours that you'll be happy, hours that will feel right,
Hours to cuddle and hug us, to run and to play,
Before the return to Earth in our magic way.

And when you awaken and face Christmas Day,
We pray you'll remember your trip on our sleigh,
But in case you forget, just remember our love.
Remember us watching you, your angels above.

Sending love wrapped in rainbows, shining and bright,
Love that will guide you through the darkest night,
Love found in each memory unwrapped through the year,
Replacing dark sorrows with Christmas cheer.

Leave the toys to St. Nick, we Bridgekids bring dreams,
Sweet visits to remind you all is not as it seems
When you look all around you with tired Earthly eyes.
If you saw as we do, there'd be joy and surprise.

There are furangels waiting by those Christmas trees,
Always there for you and hearing your pleas.
We're never more than a thought away from your home,
You're never forgotten, you're never alone.

Nor are we alone here, with our Rainbow Bridge friends.
We know only joy here, the celebrating never ends,
And after our reunions with you Christmas Eve,
We Bridgekids will party like you'd never believe.

But we'll slip away often to be by your side.

Sitting there watching you, eyes open wide,
Praying you'll be able to catch a glimpse of us, too.
But whether or not you see us - Merry Christmas to you!

I 'coincidentally' ran across this a few minutes ago. It was very important in helping me when Momma Seabird crossed and I know it has also been very helpful to many others as well so I'll attach a link. It is from GeorgeofNE's blog. I am so grateful that George shared this! Thank You GeorgeofNE!

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Aovi9jww8DCQg1lnSOne15ENTG5G

Guest FordRacingRon

MY logical brain said it was her time. I know she was hurting and I think I was justifying her still being with me because she would still eat fine (however from 10-11 1/2 is was hard fight getting her to eat) and we walked still in the morning. However I do wonder how much of her walk was me wanting and willing her to walk because it meant she wasn't ready to leave. The week before she went to the bridge walking was not her idea at all.

She panted all the time. When she was young she panted when nervous or panted when warm. As she aged she became less heat tolerant so panted more in the heat. But now she panted all the time. Even when it was cold. I wanted to deny this was probably more then nerves and heat,,,she must have been in a lot of pain. Valium and Rimadyl helped, but that wasn't a cure. Her rear was weak and she would have trouble walking a couple of times a day.

But that doesn't make it easier to lose the only dog you've ever owned and loved. My emotional brain is suffering. I think one day I kind finally get over it, then the next I am a mess again. If she would have just walked into the house, as I had been telling her to do for a year, instead or running nothing would have happened and that is what I cant get over. The one time I am not there to tell her to walk.

But it was her time, which doesn't really help my emotional brain cope, just my logical brain

I know. It was just her greyhound nature to run. When my first greyhound Ivy (Dream Irish) returned home from a leg amputation due to osteo it wasn't very long before she resumed racing-and yes I mean racing- around the yard-at breakneck speed once again. You could not see she was a tripod because she was running so fast she was a blur. The missing leg impacted her stopping ability/brakes far more than it did her speed. I was aghast worried she would hurt one of her last remaining legs after all she had been through and I knew what that would mean but short of keeping her always leashed and I didn't think that was right what to do? I discussed it with the vet and the vet told me that really I had no choice. I had to let her go and be a greyhound. It is what she was. The vet said to let her run-that there was nothing I could do about it. And she ran like the wind for 10 months safely and very happily before it spread to another leg at which point she knew she wouldn't be able to run again...and then she then promptly left-just totally shut down and quit. As long as she could run and be free she was happy but she refused to live without being able to run. She knew she couldn't run on 2 legs, she knew. I heard of another female houndie that did pretty much the same thing. One of her forelegs had become seriously injured and despite everyone's best and heroic efforts she simply refused to accept it and crossed over. Although she could have managed quite well on 3 legs it was simply unacceptable to her and she crossed over rather than lose her ability to fly whole. BTW in Belgium they call houndies "Wind dogs"- I think that is neat. Apparently if you translate greyhound to Belgium it means wind dog. Very apropos.

And Momma Seabird- even in her old lady discombobulated run she also ran up to the bitter end. It was the only thing really that I think she got any real joy out of. She was almost 15 years old and I knew how dangerous it was to let her because she still went fast and always jumped the steps up to the porch; but I know as well as I'm sitting here if I had restrained her and took that away from her it would have killed her and she would have left far sooner than she did. She had a real bad experience as a broodie and could not hardly tolerate confinement. Just think about how Leia is flying through rainbow bridge-a young and strong hound once again--so happy!-with the wind roaring in her ears and the ground streaking by in a blur-absolutely airborne 75% of the time!-oblivious to everything but the freedom and sheer joy of the run.

Guest FordRacingRon

You're right about the running. At least once a week Leia, at 13, would cut loose and I was so afraid of something snapping but I realize it is a DNA burn,,they can't help it. Leia stopped running a month ago,,guess another hint I should have clued in on. Except when she had her stroke, then she ran uncontrollably like the wind,,,right into the cactus. I honestly do not think she could see well then.

And her namesake leaves the mortal world today. May The Force Be With Them.

:wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

And her namesake leaves the mortal world today. May The Force Be With Them.

I thought of your girl today when I heard of Carrie Fisher's passing. I guess Princess Leia needed a guardian over the Rainbow Bridge.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

I thought of your girl today when I heard of Carrie Fisher's passing. I guess Princess Leia needed a guardian over the Rainbow Bridge.

I did to. It's probably one of those unexplainable 'coincidences' we may not get to the bottom of until we all meet at the Bridge.

Guest FordRacingRon

Over the years here in Greytalk, I have read about many pups passing, the grief that goes with it. Many times people would say they saw their dog's rainbow shortly after and I thought that was so great.

I wanted to see Leia[s rainbow but alas, I live in the Los Angeles area,,or in the,,what is rain again (?)state. I can count on my one hand how many rainbows I have seen since I have lived here . Even if we do get rain, we don't get rainbows. It rained last night, it was sunny and drizzly today,,,,,,,,,I saw Leia's rainbow.

I burst into tears, but I was sort of happy as I took it as a sign she is there waiting for me.

Edited by FordRacingRon

See I told you she would and could reach out and communicate to you in ways more powerfully even than when she was here in body if you asked her. How amazing! A rainbow!!!!! See you basically asked her to deliver something that you pretty much figured was not possible and voila!! she did it! :beatheart Thats the way Slim is and the way he does me. Did you get a picture of it? Even after all these years I tend to take a picture of some of the signs he sends me. Leia knows you better than you know yourself. She knew what you were thinking all the time. She gave you what you needed-just like always. And even more she will always be with you; always watching and always loving-just like before.

Guest FordRacingRon

See I told you she would and could reach out and communicate to you in ways more powerfully even than when she was here in body if you asked her. How amazing! A rainbow!!!!! See you basically asked her to deliver something that you pretty much figured was not possible and voila!! she did it! :beatheart Thats the way Slim is and the way he does me. Did you get a picture of it? Even after all these years I tend to take a picture of some of the signs he sends me. Leia knows you better than you know yourself. She knew what you were thinking all the time. She gave you what you needed-just like always. And even more she will always be with you; always watching and always loving-just like before.

I did get a picture. Ran around the house looking for my phone because I knew it wold be gone soon. got 2 pictures. and a few seconds later.......gone.

Sometimes I sit here and wonder about these 2 cats I have. One never came in the house (only had her since August. most comfortable outside, she was feral), the other finally got to come in occasionally about a year ago when Leia could care less (she had her own rooms in the house so Leia wouldn't go after her, been here 3 years),,but she stayed another part of the house. Leia got to the point she would just walk by them and ignore them both. Now I let them both in and the way they act puzzles me.

They lay in Leia's spots, in Leia's positions (A roaching cat?). Last night one was laying in the spot in the den where Leia lay most of the time , and she stares at he door like she sees something. Then her head moved like she was watching something walk into the room and lay next to her. Later that night the other lied down in the spot Leia would sleep in at night,,in front of our bedroom door, and stared at me like Leia did for years. Then rolled over in a roach, like Leia used to do. These cats never did this stuff before and never saw Leia do it.

Weird.