Princess Leia 5/6/03 To 12/9/16

Guest FordRacingRon

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to edit the title with her stats but my brain is too scrambled to figure it out

Maybe someone will chime in with how to do it. I have tried to change Titles before and not been able to figure out how to do it. Hope you and your wife are doing OK today.

Edited by racindog

Ron, you have to be a paying GT supporter to edit your post any time. Non-paying have a few minutes after the initial post to change it.

You can click on the Support tab at the top of the page and ask a moderator to make the changes for you. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest FordRacingRon

Maybe someone will chime in with how to do it. I have tried to change Titles before and not been able to figure out how to do it. Hope you and your wife are doing OK today.

Actually, no. I am a wreck and she thought she heard Leia panting when she woke up,,,I think what she really heard was me crying.

Edited by FordRacingRon

Actually, no. I am a wreck and she thought she heard Leia panting when she woke up,,,I think what she really heard was me crying.

I so understand. It's OK. Your sweet Princess Leia herself will help you through this. I was so utterly devastated after Slim left I became a recluse. My son eventually sent the State Police to do a welfare check on me because I had "disappeared" and no one had heard from me at all. It just takes TIME-- but it WILL get better. Leia will show you that you can continue on WITH her. You have not lost her! Even this instant she is loving you and wanting to help you- just like she did when she was here in body. Hang in there.

Oh Ron, I'm so sorry to see Princess Leia's name here. I will always remember her winning the Animal Planet contest and the fact that she is a half-sister to our Celeste. Please don't blame yourselves. Leia had a long life filled with love.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest FordRacingRon

One last time. Anyway,,Leia was my heart dog. We did virtually everything together from day 1. If I was sitting, she was in the room sleeping. If I moved, she would wake up and find me. Loved to help me vacuum by standing right in from of the vac. I have lost my best friend (not counting my DW!).

When we were looking for a dog it was hard because we needed a small dog an cat tolerant dog. Reason is my SIL was to be our sitter and she had a cat and dog. It was hard to find us a dog that met what we wanted (I never did tell them I didn't want a brindle,,I said any dog would be fine). The adoption group had a fair at their headquarters because a lot of us were having trouble finding matches. So we went and there were two dogs that matched what we were looking for. Both brindles.

Met the first one and she was a joy. Happy tail wagging at everything ( albeit her tail wagged up and down for some reason) and we were considering her. But the man that had the other dog we were to look at hand't arrived yet, he lived pretty far away. So although i thought this was the dog, but I had to wait to see out of courtesy.

I met him and the dog he has was terrified, She kept hiding by putting her head between his legs. Her name was Princess LEAH. When he finally popped her loose we walked her for a bit, she was so scared. I looked into her eyes and something inside me clicked and I told her right then "you are going to be my dog and i am taking you now to your forever home". Changed her name form LEAH to LEIA and took her home. BTW, she was not small dog or cat tolerant but that made no difference, I could see into her soul.

Watching her change over the year was a remarkable journey but the one thing that never left her was her love for me. She picked me, much to my DWs dismay, to love with those pretty eyes. She loved us both and my SIL,,but she really was my dog and I was hers.

I built my life around making sure she had the best life ever and in all those years,,I had never left her home alone for more then 5 hours. I would tell people that was her threshold,,truth be told it was mine. After 5 hours I worried and worried until I got home. I spoiled her rotten,,but she was the first dog I ever had and I was 53 when we brought her home. I was her defender. Some of you may recall when she was 3 1/2 she was savagely attacked by a pit bull and it was me jumping right into the middle of the fight without a moments hesitation that saved her life.

I noticed over the last couple of weeks how much she was slowing down. Just this last week she barely wanted to walk anymore and she panted almost all the time she was awake so she was not feeling good. Only the drugs we gave her helped clam her down but we thought she wont be around until my wife's birthday. I asked her about 6 months ago to make it to my birthday (late November). She did with 16 bonus days. I then asked her to make it to my wife's, but it did not happen. 11 years and 3 days she was with us,,,,a good long time. The accident she had running into my DW probably caused her to failt,,but this day wasn't too far away. She was not going to make it to 14. We weren't sure she'd live unto 2017.

She was my dog, my companion, my friend, my heart. I miss her more then anything that I have ever lost before and sitting here in the house is so lonely now. My friend is not sitting with me ready for our next adventure.

Edited by FordRacingRon

You and Princess Leia is one of the most beautiful love stories I have ever been privileged to know of. I can see she has taught you well to prepare you for this very time. I smiled when I read of how she picked you. That was one of the things Slim taught me. He actually said " People think they pick the dog, but they don't. The dog picks them." So touching about how she was able to stay for your birthday as you asked her. I mean there is just so much good-so much love connected to her...really it is breathtaking for me to witness because I know too; I can see it; I can feel it; because my heart dog taught me.... as your Princess is now teaching you. Princess Leia is loved always and will never be forgotten. She will be with you always. You'll see.

Your girl is letting you know she made it to the Bridge and she is happy and healthy again.

I know it is hard but celebrate what you had and not what you have lost.

Talk to her, she is still around.

And when your heart is ready, whether it is one day from today or 6 months from now, give that amazing life to another hound. Your girl would want that for you.

Hugs from Jan,Luka and Carter.

Sending you and your wife much sympathy in this saddest of times. Your pain and anguish and heartbreak are palpable, and I hope it helps even just a little bit to know that so many are sharing that sorrow. Your precious memories honor her, and keep your special bond alive in your heart, to share with us as well as the sadness. I'm so glad you are open to listening when Leia is telling you that she is with you and watching over you. She is, you know. :beatheart

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest FordRacingRon

Before she was attacked we used to walk a lot in the neighborhood. Because I can't face the regulars a the park we would normally go to....I took Leia's leash and walked around and talked to her to show her her favorite spots we used to visit.

Walking home I felt bad about all her stuff I have tot get rid of but I heard her tell me to save this one particular bed. I don't know why,,but I will do it. I

Glad to hear from you! I was thinking about you. Someday you may very well know what the story is behind that bed. You can be sure there is a reason. Let me share one of Slim's signs. One day I came home from work and he had pulled this big thick parallel Bible out of my bookcase and ripped a big chunk out of several pages. Slim rarely did anything like that so I didn't know what to make of it. It had been a gift from my mother in law who had died and so I kept it anyway and put it back in the bookcase. After he crossed over there was one particular Bible verse that comforted me quite a bit-it kind of became a little anchor for me. One day I was cleaning or something-and of course Slim was on my mind-its tough. Well I was dusting or something and inadvertantly knocked that same Bible onto the floor. Funny thing it opened itself up right where Slim had took the chunk out of it-which made perfect sense- but this is the wild part. It opened and laid there exactly on that verse that I found and had adopted as "our" verse AFTER he had crossed over! So months and months before he crossed over he just happened to bookmark that verse-which at at that time meant nothing particular to me-in his own style by ripping the appropriate pages. How could he have known? How could he have known that after he crossed over I would find comfort in that particular verse? That at some point -a point at which I needed him and needed his reassurance again-I would inadvertently drop the book on the floor. And that of all the thousands of verses it would open at just the one that was so meaningful-because he had chewed it in the exact place to cause that to happen before he left? I have just about wrote a book on the signs he has sent me over the years and they are just as amazing and meaningful now as ever.

I know Leia enjoyed the walk. You did too. And one of the reasons is that you were focused on the love-telling her about her favorite spots etc.-rather than the pain of her having crossed. From what I understand the reason we can't see them visually after they cross over is because they are on the frequency of love-pure love. Us humans just can't see that any more than we can see the uv spectrum etc. And right after they cross we of course are distraught, grieving, pained, suffering-all frequencies far removed from the love frequency she is on. As time goes on and we learn we can get closer to the love frequency and farther from the grieving and negative frequencies-so we get closer and closer to our beloved as we continue on. Its true! Everything is energy. Her things still have her energy-that is why you feel for them. And that is one of the main ways you will recognize her now. It may be a butterfly, or a noise, or a picture, even something through the computer, or it may be another dog or a rainbow(our angels like using rainbows) but WHATEVER she chooses to use to communicate to you will be instantly recognized because you will recognize her energy. Soulmates never forget each other-never. They often visit through another dog that is currently here. Most times people think they have lost it. The new dog is inexplicably doing very specific behaviors that the crossed over dog used to do. But that is all completely real and completely normal. So long as the dog still here permits it the crossed over dog can visit through them-and some do and some don't. But I tell you so if it happens to you don't think you have lost it-just enjoy it for what it is-a visit from your beloved.

And what was the verse that Slim sent me? It was this one:"For love is as strong as death....
Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.
If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised."

-Song of Solomon 8:6-7
Even now it brings tears to my eyes-but they are happy tears now. Wow. I can feel him again. He IS still with me.

This is a message that a bridge angel sent back to their person. I have always loved it as well as it so clearly explains things. Here it is:

"The love is bigger than the pain. I know your heart is breaking terribly. But I promise you that your pain will subside over time, and our love, our love not only will survive, it will be stronger. Someday the horrible pain will be a memory of deep sadness but our love will still be vibrant and alive. Love is always bigger than pain. When you are hurting, reach for the love and I promise you will feel better."

Very happy you were able to enjoy some of the love today. Keep letting your Princess lead you there.

Guest FordRacingRon

Leia had this unique smell to her that we try to find in her old things like a coat her something,,just to smell her again. But it's jsut not the same. I swear last night I smelled her for a minute of so,,,,,it made me sort of relax.

Mornings,,,right now,,,are the worst. This is when we really did things, when she was most awake.

What we cant get over was how fast this happened. We had our dog who was perfectly fine,,,,has a fall,,,, and 3 hours later we had no dog.

I have done the same thing. In fact I still touch some of his things of his I saved-it does help me feel better. I even think about them having his DNA on them and stuff like that. A lot of things like that. His "Chipendog" harness still hangs in its usual spot in the kitchen cabinet. I see it every time I open the kitchen cabinet. The laundry room cabinet corner is still chewed because I have not repaired it. These things are comforting to me. And everyday I wear one of his dog tags next to my cross around my neck. That helps me feel better and to know he is still with me. There is a story about that too. Of course holding his tags, seeing his tags was emotional-they were full of his energy. For some reason I felt the urge to put one on the necklace I wear that has a cross on it. It did make me feel better. Now you need a brief bit of background info here. When I rescued Slim he was literally starved-he weighed only 47#(should have been 70+). He became a HUGE momma's boy; he protected me quite demonstrably-to the point people were even afraid to come to my house. And he did in fact run off a burglar(s) one day while I was at work quite violently-I could tell by the blood on the inside of the door that he didn't let them get in hehe. But anyway he was the family protector. Minny was not protective or territorial and furthermore he didn't get a long good with Slim-there were occasional fights. Its yet another story about how Minny wound up my dog as he started out being fostered and did get adopted. But Minny was something else too. He was the most empathetic creature I have ever known. He somehow knew that I was in such bad shape after Slim crossed and arranged to get kicked out of the home he was adopted into by biting and taking over so he returns to me. So one day Minny tells me that HE wants to wear one of Slim's tags too. I kind of smiled and thought it was a loving thing to say but I told him- ah you can't wear Slim's tag-implying that there was no way he could even begin to approach Slim's greatness. But then he looked at me so and I said well OK, if you want to wear it that will be nice and I put one on him. Then a funny thing happened. Minny became the family watchdog! He willed himself to do what he had never known how to do before in an effort to help pick up on what some of Slims duties were. And he did well. I would never have thought he even had the capability. It was quite amazing. And I always have Slim's tag on my neck chain.

I know the suddenness is a whole nother stab in the heart. When I came home from work that day Slim was fine. He ate and I turned him into the yard for awhile. Then a couple of hours later his circulatory system shut down after bloat/GDV surgery. Like the fighter he was he refused to give in despite excruciating pain. It took 4 vets telling me that I HAD to consent to euthanasia because he was suffering terribly and was irrecoverable and hopeless. They were distraught that I had held out consent as long as I had. But they did not know what a fighter he was. They didn't know that when he was a puppy he had to fight Rotweilers etc for a rat to eat that might run across their pen just to get enough food to stay alive. That is why he was the way he was and why he was actually taken to the vet for euthanasia when he was found so starved. But the vet thank God called USA DOG instead of doing it and they took him under their wing. I was supposed to be transporting him to them but he never made it there-he never left my house. Not one night were we ever apart before the tragic night he crossed over. He should have easily survived; he was diagnosed early in the event and had immediate surgery at a well reputed place at the time. He was only six and that was in 2006-but it might as well have been yesterday. That was when I learned that when it was their time they were going to go and that is it. No one can stop it. If it don't happen one way then it will happen another but it will happen. But since I have discovered he is still with me it is ok. In fact its kind of hard to put into words but I do kind of see where he does actually have more influence and power now than he did when he was here in body in any number of ways. He continues to watch over and protect me now with even more "power" than he had when he was here. You should hear the story I could tell you about that :) I don't understand the details of all this. I think it has something to do with love being energy and therefore it can't be destroyed etc. But I don't need to know how/details. That it is true is all I need to know. I don't think our human mind is capable of understanding and explaining everything. In fact I think that the heart knows what the mind can't understand.

Of course that was Leia last night you smelled! She knew you needed that! I hope she visits again soon. I know how important it is. Please keep in touch and don't forget to reach for the love :)

Edited by racindog

Guest FordRacingRon

I could really use a visit today,,today is pretty bad , worse then yesterday. I feel like such a baby but it really feels like part of me is missing.

My wife and I are talking about going to the shelter after the new year and perhaps finding a smaller, older dog that no one wants and giving it a home,,I think Leia would like that. I need to find my wife her heart dog.

At some picnics we used to go to that our group had,,my DW would always buy towels for the kitchen or bid on those things. I never have actually read the snappy saying on them, I just know they are all embroidered. These are our dog towels for when we clean dog bowls and such. One is still hanging on it's hook. It fell off yesterday onto the ground. I picked it up and set it on the counter and I saw the words on it for the first time......"Adopt a Greyhound".

Now I am confused and sad,,not just sad. It's amazing how you can just start drying out of the blue, by just one thought.

You don't have to get rid of her stuff, and you sure don't have to get rid of it on any schedule.

Your girl had such a great life with you and your wife, and vice versa. Big deep losses take some time to work through.

She was such a good girl :wub: .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so very sorry. :grouphug Grieve as much as you need to. She deserves it, and it helps keep you close for a little longer.

Will someone tell the Animal Planet story? I don't know it.

The brindles here send you and your wife extra leg leans and head nuzzles.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Well I gotta tell you that the "adopt a greyhound" message sounds to me like it is indeed a message from Leia. The fact that it was so meaningful to you and hit you in the feeler adds credence to it-you probably suspect as much yourself. Reason being you know her and will always recognize her. The important thing is though don't worry or get confused etc. just be open minded and she will lead you where is best for you. It is a fact that greyhounds need loving homes just as much-perhaps more-than shelter dogs-especially older greyhounds. And many homes that would be perfectly fine for a shelter dog would be completely unacceptable for a greyhound for many of the reasons that make houndies unique-so that narrows down available hound homes even more. And as you know you can't "pick" a heart dog. If it is to be then your DW's dog will find her but you can't just pick them out. Some people I believe never are blessed with knowing how special it is. But the dog does pick the people-we know that. And when we allow that to happen........well you of all people know what the results are! Now its true WE can go out and pick a dog out and maybe it will turn out to be a loving relationship and maybe it won't. But I have NEVER seen the dog pick wrong. I believe that heart dogs know us possibly better than we know ourselves-they know. Even the Bible says to listen to them: "But ask now the beasts, and they will teach you."Job12:7

So now you know I've got to share a story! You remember me telling you how aggressive/dangerous Slim was? Well after he crossed over he sent me a little girl greyhound named Bobber that was the 100% antithesis of him. She was sweet and loving would never ever bite or act aggressive. I often fostered hounds. I picked up BobBob to foster and brought her home and knew within short order we were meant to be together. So how did Slim arrange this? He simply had her smile. You see Slim used to smile at me everyday when I came home-he knew I loved a smiling dog! Slim also had a great sense of humor and frankly we both got a laugh out of Bobbers demure and sweet disposition compared to Slim's dangerous dog self. I don't need to tell you the happiness Bobber brought me.

And there was 1 more he picked for me a beautiful black male named Gilly Boy. I had earlier thought about adopting a big black greyhound and so that was in the back of my mind. I had just sadly lost 2 hounds- Cash & Minny- within 4 days of each other the week of the Greyhound Festival of the Bluegrass. Though grieving their loss Momma Seabird, and her daughter Bobber and I went to the Festival. We were all that remained of our little pack. No sooner do I get there than my friend and mentor Latifa an animal communicator told me of a foster dog that had asked for me! He had said that he was here to find Donna because he knew she would be here and he was supposed to be with her!!!!!! He called me by name-was asking where was I !!!! I am like wow- kind of blowed away thinking honestly wth? You gotta admit that would be kind of a shock-especially when you were hurting so bad from Cash & Minny's crossing over. So I said , wow, well I'll check him out, spend a little time with him, see what happens. I was far from enthused. His foster mom brings him to me and he is a big black male! I'm like ok.... So i spend a little while with him trying to figure out if I can what is going on. His attitude was matter of fact; I was kind of confused. Until I stroked between his ears and felt "it." He had that very prominent ridge on his skull. He was only the 2nd greyhound-and I have handled and had A LOT of houndies-that I had ever seen that had one that large. I don't have to tell you who the first was ---it was Slim. So I kind of laughed and said ah ha...so Slim sent you huh? So I knew and made the decision to 'adopt' him immediately and passed the message a long. But that wasn't the end. Turns out some other lady there had seen him and wanted to adopt him too. I didn't know anything about that until he came almost crashing through tables pulling that very woman to me saying 'hurry up! hurry up! this woman wants to adopt me too! do something-I can't go with her I came here to go with you!' So I'm like wow again! And I jump up and race to the groups leader and decided as I was that no matter how nuts it made me appear I HAD to have this dog no matter what I had to do. And thats what I did-I tried to explain that that it HAD to be that we HAD to be together etc and I truly would have done anything at that point to seal the deal. And he did become "my" dog as was destined by Slim. And again I don't have to tell you what a blessing this guy is! His name is Gilly Boy. Gilly has never up to this point told me the rest of the story so to speak if there is more, preferring to be a greyhound of mystery, but thats ok. That might be another happy surprise down the road who knows?

So as you can see based on my experience I would have to say just go with the flow-TRUST YOUR HEART- it KNOWS what your mind can't begin to understand. And probably Princess Leia will often speak to you through the heart-only fitting since theres so much love and you 2 are part of each other. Don't be afraid of "signs" like the adopt a greyhound towel. You can simply tell her you are confused and if that is a message from her would she mind sending you another sign to confirm it. She can. You can talk to her about your desire for you DW to experience the love of a heart dog and everything else as well-she probably already knows these things but you will feel better knowing you included her in the decision process just as you would do if she was still here in body. Nothing but good -wonderful love-has come to me as a result of trusting and listening to those hounds of mine that have crossed over. Do you know how good it feels to look at Gilly Boy and realize that he in all of his wonderfullness is a gift hand or rather paw picked from Slim-who technically had crossed over before Gilly was even born? To see everyday with my eyes that Slim-my soulmate-is still present in my life? I pray you do get to know the love and beauty of that. Don't be confused or afraid- talk to your girl-and boldly go forth as she suggests and enjoy the love :beatheart

One other comment I forgot I wanted to make. Don't be concerned about an "appropriate" time period before adopting another dog. When my very first greyhound-Dream Irish (call name Ivy) crossed over Goldie came to me in only about 48 hours. I was crushed and I knew I needed greyhound love. I felt like I had to have it. And Goldie who was kind of spooky and so afraid....when all the dogs were turned loose they all flew out to the yard, but suddenly he alone stopped and came back inside to me-a complete stranger- and leaned against my leg! He had just been "coincidentally" returned from a previous adopter. There never was a clearer sign of a dog picking a human. And notice Slim sent me Gilly Boy less than a week after both Cash & Minny crossed over. I think he did it because he knew that Gilly would help me grieve and guide me through the grieving process. As I said Slim still takes care of me, and I know he always will. Anyway dogs are not like people. They are secure in their love for us and ours for them and they don't read anything into when a new dog is adopted- unless you want to include the fact that dogs can HELP us through the grieving process of other dogs and actually encourage it! It was PERFECT and right for Goldie to come and grieve Ivy with me 48 hours after she crossed; for Minny to arrive shortly after Slim crossed to get me through that; AND for Gilly to come only days after Cash & Minny left. Dogs know whats going on and whats best imo.

Guest FordRacingRon

I am so very sorry. :grouphug Grieve as much as you need to. She deserves it, and it helps keep you close for a little longer.

Will someone tell the Animal Planet story? I don't know it.

The brindles here send you and your wife extra leg leans and head nuzzles.

2009 Animal Planet had a contest for the country's (USA) Biggest Sports Fan,,,,,animal wise. People sent in really nice pictures of their pets in sports gear,,,I just sent in a picture of Leia in front of my L.A. Dodger bobbleheads with a small plastic Dodger cap on her head. For some reason we made the contest. So it was one of those,,vote for me type of deals. But I had 2 things going for Leia,,,,,,,all the GTers here that will vote multiple times for her,,and they did. They got her to the finals. Our competition was a cute bulldog decked out from head to toe in Bears gear. i knew somehow they cheated because he had so many votes more then anyone.

So besides everyone here diving in, I had two friends (One that runs another board I am on) write auto vote programs. SO with their help and everyone here's help,,turns out we won. There was no prize or anything,,just bragging rights.

Getting better. Only cried through 1/4 of my walk today,,,talking to Leia the entire time. My DW saw her twice yesterday,, I only smelled her again.

:wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You will never be separated from her. She is and will be with you always. The more you are able to focus on the love instead of the despair and grief the closer she will be and the more you will feel her. She is on a frequency of love, Despair/grief and negative emotions are frequencies far removed from the love frequency that she is on. That is why when one is grieving horribly their beloved seems so far away. Conversely though the more you can focus on the love the closer you are to her since that is the very frequency she is on. In time you will absolutely KNOW and feel that she is with you still. She will help you. Hope you enjoy your walk this morning :)

Guest FordRacingRon

Today one of my two cats walks across the keyboard of my laptop and it goes tot he Greyhound group I adopted my girl from. Another sign? I am looking so (too?) hard for signs she is still with me,,everyday. I just can't wrap my head about the only dog I ever owned and loved has gone. Now I am 2nd guessing our decision.

Ron, please don't second guess your decision. You did the right thing by her, she knows it. I lost Carl suddenly and horrifically, it haunts me to this day. I try to focus on all the years of love and joy we had together and not the last few hours.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014