Sign in to follow this  
Time4ANap

Happy Birthday To My Boy! Rocket Turns 11. Update Post 12

Happy Birthday to my boy who turns 11 today! Hard to believe he's been with us now for almost 8 years (gotcha day next month.)

We took a long walk this morning. Temps were in the mid-60's with a warm wind blowing. He fooled me and kept walking at the point where he usually turns around to head home, so we took about an hour to take a 20 minute walk,

Some pics from this morning:

IMG_3281_zpszapith92.jpg

IMG_3284_zpsutavvtmu.jpg

"And the bartender says to the greyhound, Why the long face? Ha Ha Ha!"

IMG_3285_zpsmaclsymi.jpg

The grassy area near the house was tall and especially sniffable today.

IMG_3287_zpsqztnbqjm.jpg

We may wait until tomorrow to go for Birthday Fries since he has a few other treats here. He also has a box from Lexie which we will open in a little while and will post those pics later.

Happy Birthday to my buddy, my sidekick, my shadow ! :blowcandle:blowcandle:blowcandle:blowcandle:balloonparty:balloonparty:balloonparty

Edited by Time4ANap

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Always missing my boy Hi Noon Rocket. The home of Petunia, MW Neptunia and Kate, Miss Kate.

Happy Birfday Rocket. Never hurts to let them walk where they want to at their own speed once in a while :) Fun to have a deviation from the norm I'm sure. Wishing many more of those walks to come!!

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Wishing you a very happy 11th birthday, Rocketman! :blowcandle

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Holly Oaks Holly, Hopper the terrier mix, and Kaia the wolfhound-schnauzer mix
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, and River, our perfect hounds gone too soon
Walls turned sideways are bridges. -Angela Davis

Elebben iz Hebben! Happy Birfday Rocket, owr buddy :yay:confetti Feetz tonight?

Ramona :lol That does cover it doesn't it? Excellent!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees: Aiden. Bea. Punkin. Annie. Miss M. Cletus, knot like the others.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno.Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Dearest Rocket my husband. We are now the same age so I hope peeps can stop calling me a cougar. Have a wonderful bday filled with lots of fries and ice cream! I wish I could send u a pic but I'm in da prison this week. ( :rofl )

CO

Your wife,

Lexie

💙💜💚💛❤️

I forgot how to put a pic in my signature. Please pm me if you can help. Thanks

Update:

After Turkey was consumed by the humans, Rocket got to open his present from Lexie. (There will be a little turkey in his dinner bowl tonight as well. With a sensitive stomach, we have to space special treats out over a few days.

Thank you so much Lexie. Rocket loves his Lamb Chop!

IMG_3290_zps0vgwpjsa.jpg

IMG_3291_zpso3dnrvb3.jpg

And some bedroom eyes for Lexie :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

IMG_3294_zpsodhj5lti.jpg

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Always missing my boy Hi Noon Rocket. The home of Petunia, MW Neptunia and Kate, Miss Kate.

Happiest of birthdays, Frymaster Rocket! That is one heck of a lamb chop.

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

2ptxppe.jpg

Lamb chop AND turnkey on yur birfday! Havva grayte day!

Wags frum

Nutmeg and Chancey.

Miss "England" Carol with Chancey - (Goosetree Chance) and whippet lurcher Nutmeg

R.I.P. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

:yay OMG Rocket, you have the best wife ever! :lol Well done Lexie!!

:beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees: Aiden. Bea. Punkin. Annie. Miss M. Cletus, knot like the others.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno.Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'ze glad you're enjoying your gift, but your noze belongs to my buttz only. (Daddyman said that) :rofl

💙💜💚💛❤️

I forgot how to put a pic in my signature. Please pm me if you can help. Thanks

Happy 11th Rocket!

You sure do know how to appreciate a present from Lexie. :)

Lexie: Perfect gift!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13); Greys Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07), Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17)

Awwwwwwwww, what a sweet moment in time. Happy Birthday Rocket!

Jan with precious pups Katie Crazykatiebug, Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; and Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Happiest of birthdays to roo from Shine and Odin in lower Delaware.

Irene Ullmann w/Shine and Odin in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul and Fuzzy
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds