Fenway 10/10/06 - 9/25/16

gracegirl

What a lovely dog he was---thank you for sharing your precious Fenway with us. I'm so sorry you lost your beloved forever puppy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry for your loss. Fenway and Grace were GT originals for me. The picture of him with your brother is amazing, but oh--the wedding picture! :beatheart

Edited by Kestrel

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

I'm so very sorry. I remember his arrival. He was truly an extraordinary--and extraordinarily lucky--goof. It's incredibly sad that he didn't get to enjoy "the best day ever" for many many more Sundays.

Godspeed Fenway.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Aww, you guys had a great life together. I am so sorry for your loss. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am just seeing this. I am so sorry to read about Fenway. Hugs to you.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Nice to remember the photo of Fenway and Grace patiently awaiting their treats.

The photo of your brother's expression speaks volumes about their mutual affection.

Grace trained him to wait for treats, not me. She was the most wonderful sister to him. Showed him how to be a good dog (really, I can't take any of the credit). She was so sweet with him even when she would have be just fine as an only dog. That pair was something else.

As for Uncle Geoff/Geoffy...man did they love each other. Geoff was the last person Fenway wagged his tail for. He came over to say goodbye before we headed off to the vet. I have countless photos of them squished in our overstuffed chair, both of them loving it. Makes me chuckle thinking of the two of them together.

Godspeed Fenway. There will be a seat with your name on it on the Green Monster at the Bridge.

I had asked him to help his boys out this year in the playoffs. In typical greyhound fashion, it seems he fell asleep on the job.

Monster was on the list of possible names for that puppy. Along with Yawkee, Yaz, and Manny.

I always thought I'd get a girl pup and name her Tessie, too.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Fenway and Grace were GT originals for me. The picture of him with your brother is amazing, but oh--the wedding picture! :beatheart

Here's another one I cherish too.

C0C59327-F6EC-4F8D-9806-436D5D7A4D65_zps

Aww....Fenway was always one of my favorite greytalk pups. So adorable and I remember all your stories of him growing up. Sad to hear this news, but it sounds like he had a happy full life with you. He will be missed. Run free, Fenway!

I can truly say he lived such a full and joyful life. He didn't have anything left on his bucket list, he really got to complete it all. He had traveled internationally (twice to Vancouver) and spent time on beaches in Washington, Oregon and California.

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Here's another one I cherish too.

C0C59327-F6EC-4F8D-9806-436D5D7A4D65_zps

Absolutely beautiful. What a moment to have captured! :beatheart:cry1:beatheart

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl.