Fenway 10/10/06 - 9/25/16

gracegirl

It's taken me a long time to write this remembrance for Fenway - I don't know how to put into words a life so well lived. He truly was one in a million.

I had just decided to move from my studio apartment in Belltown (downtown Seattle) to a house with a huge yard in West Seattle. I could take dogs with me to work. I thought Grace wanted a friend (she didn't) and I wanted a puppy. So I turned to greytalk and found this:

CATGWNXP-1.jpg

He was with a group in Indiana who took the whole oops litter. (Thank you Tammi for trusting a single 20-something who you never got to meet with that precious puppy!) I later found out that he was the longest survivor of his litter, all of his brothers passed before he did. He was diagnosed with kidney damage of an unspecified origin years ago, so I knew he'd likely never reach his teenage years. I prayed he'd at least see double digits. He was two weeks shy of that, and outlived my Grace by two weeks.

672DEA8E-02DD-438C-8CF9-FADBAB4B58C8-284

Many of you watched him grow up on greytalk. He was the easiest puppy. So full of joy, always. I should have named him Peter Pan, he was my forever puppy. He never quite grew up, he always had that puppy zest for life. He was named for the 2004 Rex Sox - the team that reversed the curse. They were a group of beloved idiots. He was well named and would have fit right in with that group of men.

22BBEDF9-510B-4027-912D-6E69840FFEC1_zps

The thing he loved more than anything else in the world was the beach. We moved to San Diego and he got to spend every Sunday at OB Dog Beach - often we'd go more than once a week. But every Sunday in the late afternoon we'd head to the beach and I'd tell him how lucky he was to get to have the "best day ever" so often.

DSC_0265_zpstscxhoyi.jpg

DSC_0224_zpswzcdyj0s.jpg

With my brother, one of his favorite people. They were two peas in a pod.

DSC_0204_zpszok9yobo.jpg

He and Jackson were able to be with us on our wedding day - just for a few minutes. But it was so important to us to have our boys there on our big day. It was right around our wedding in February that his blood work started to show the years of kidney damage taking their toll. He felt good up until Thursday of his last week with us, and then his kidneys simply failed. By Sunday we decided to let him go. He lived a good, full life. It was a life well lived and he is deeply missed.

lr0650_zpsgj88j0b2.jpg

Rest well, little buddy. You are missed every single day.

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Such a sweet boy and what wonderful memories you have of him. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

It's easy to see why you fell for him. What an adorable puppy he was, and how handsome he grew up to be. It was a life too short, but clearly well lived thanks to you. Hugs.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Run free, Fenway. :f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:wub:

A beautiful tribute to a Good Boy.

Rest well, Fenway.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a wonderful tribute for a wonderful life. :beatheart

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

A life well lived, well loved. Run with the angels sweet, beautiful boy. May time and the precious memories of loving Fenway and being loved in return, help to heal your broken heart.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Lovely tribute Lauren. :grouphug I know how much you still miss him. :cry1:grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I remember reading all his growing up stories. He had a great life. So sorry for your loss.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

I'm so sorry for your loss of Fenway... too soon. He will be missed.

Nice to remember the photo of Fenway and Grace patiently awaiting their treats.

The photo of your brother's expression speaks volumes about their mutual affection.

Sad that all of Fenway's littermates have passed. Hope they've reunited for eternal running and romping.

You and your family are in our thoughts through this difficult time.

:f_red:paw :paw :f_red

So many of us on GT watched your boy grow and become a very sweet pup. I am very sorry you had to say goodbye.

Run free Fenway, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

So very sorry you had to say goodbye to your handsome boy.

What wonderful memories you have. Remember them and smile......

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Lauren, your tribute for Fenway is beautiful. He was named for the 2004 Rex Sox - the team that reversed the curse. They were a group of beloved idiots. He was well named and would have fit right in with that group of men. 2004 was a magical time, wasn't it! To have your own Fenway must have been so much fun. Well, every day with him was great but you know what I mean. My heart goes out to you as you miss your boy. :grouphug

Godspeed Fenway. There will be a seat with your name on it on the Green Monster at the Bridge.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.