Corinna (Gls Genuinerisk) July 25 2007- October 21 2016

greytluck

Cori left us quite suddenly last night and to say my family devastated is an understatement. She shared our home with Wally our other greyhound that's nearing 13 and with 3 cats all in their late teens. She was our youngster, our crazy spunky girl, it wasn't suppose to be her time.

We adopted Corinna in Jan 2010 to keep Wally company after we had lost our first greyhound. She came in and healed all our hearts. She was a young 2 year old full of beans that thought the cats could possibly make a nice meal. Always the good girl she was she did quickly learn cats were off the menu, well at least indoor ones any

IMG-20130428-00125.jpg

Corinna absolutely loved to be loved. She would roll over and expect belly pets and if we had the nerve to stop we were either pawed at or she would nip at us so we understood she wasn't ready for us to stop. I would tell her any other owner would have given her away by now, not that she believed me. In all the years we had her she never meet a stranger, If you were willing to pet her you were her new best friend. That's not to say she didn't have her favorite people though. Shortly after adopting her my Husband and I found out we were expecting. I was a bit apprehensive on how the dogs would be after reading some people didn't think they were the best choice with young children. She obviously didn't get the memo though. She was an amazing big sister when my daughter was born and then again when we had a second daughter.

Her kids were her everything. Although I taught the girls to respect the dogs and their space from a very young age, Corinna put up with a lot. It didn't seem to matter how crazy the activity was or how loud the volume was Cori was in the middle of it all and she wouldn't have it any other way. My 6 year old daughter is really hurting today, she lost her best friend and didn't even get to say goodbye.

Spring2013010.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzI4LTAwMjI0LmpwZw.jpg
She was my beautiful, always happy, extremely goofy girl. She will be deeply missed by my whole family. Run free Corinna, you will never be forgotten.

DSC03698.jpg

Edited by greytluck

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

I'm so sorry for your sudden loss.

Run-free, sweet Corinna. :f_pink

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry!! Your hounds are two of my favorites here. I remember when you were expecting and your concerns about how the dogs would be with the baby. The photos of her with "her kids" are just precious. I am so terribly sorry for your sudden loss :grouphug

Corinna, godspeed sweet girl. :f_pink

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am shocked and saddened to see Corinna's name here. My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your beautiful girl. Rest well, Corinna.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I saw this on FB and was just devastated! Corinna and Wally have always been two of my favorite GT dogs! I'm so sorry she's gone and your family is missing their sweet girl. {{{HUGS}}}

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I am so very sorry your beautiful girl has left you. Her connection with your daughters was truly special and the pic of the two of them in the hard is beautiful.

Run free Corinna, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girlie.

It is extra hard with children :(

Remember the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest greymama002

My heart is breaking for all of your family on the sudden devastating loss of your beautiful Corinna! Run fast and free beautiful girl and watch over your family whose missing you so much!

I remember meeting her a long time ago. I'm so very sorry.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry it was Corinna's time to go. She gave your girls the gift of growing with a beloved hound, and they gifted her with their love right back.

Happy Trails, Corinna. Your spirit will live forever in the hearts of the family who loves you so.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, special girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh no, I am so sad to see Corina's name here :( I am so sorry for you and your family. She made a big impression on you and your kids and I am sure your daughters will always have special memories of her. It is so hard when they leave unexpectedly like this.

I am so very you and your family lost your special girl :( :( :( she was much too young. :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway