Tick Repellant

Guest brit1

Just curious which natural product or chemical people here have found works to deter ticks. I don't like the idea of putting a chemical on my dog but also aware that this time of year ticks are still rampant. My dog tested positive for Lyme earlier this year as did I :( brit

The Adams brand of products work very well. They have repellents that can be used on your pet, as well as a sprays for shrubs and yards.

When Rocket goes to areas where ticks are a potential issue, we use a Preventic collar on him. It works well.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

The Seresto collar can be used around cats and works well.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I use the Seresto collar, and it seems to work, but we haven't been exposed to ticks much recently. The only natural/herbal remedy that works and has been scientifically tested, as far as I know, is rose geranium oil. It doesn't work as well as the chemicals, but has some effectiveness. Well, there is also some form of myrhh that works, but the variety that repels ticks is not readily available in this country.