Glimmering Gems 8/19/04 - 10/8/16

Neighsayer

My sweet broodmom, Gigi, went to join her sister yesterday! I adopted two brood littermates in February 2013. We lost Misty, Vans Misty Morn, to a brain tumor last year. Gigi continued to romp and play with the other Greyhounds in the house, with no health issues other than some arthritis in her back end. She developed five corns a few months ago, but was ok with them at first. Over the summer she limped a bit, off and on, as we worked to get rid of those corns. She would go for weeks at a time with no limp. Last month she started favoring her rear leg almost everyday, and then stopped putting weight on it. X-rays revealed osteo. We were able to manage her pain for a bit, but it got out of control a few days ago. She had a great day on Thursday, and I had hopes that she could stay longer. She was able to get up on her own, get up/down the ramp, pee without falling, and pay attention to the other dogs. She even sought me out for attention and put her head in my lap! It all went downhill after that, so I had the vet come out to set her free of pain. I hate cancer! She was my third osteo dog. Since my other two were diagnosed at 8 and 9, and she had some impressive corns, I wasn't even thinking osteo until she became non weight bearing. At that point, I knew exactly what I was going to see on those X-rays. I let her go less than two weeks after diagnosis.

Hug your hounds! Consider adopting a senior or a broodmom!

Love ya, Gigi. Say hi to your sister for me!

Would someone please update her greyhound data page with her date of death? Thanks!

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Run pain-free, Gigi. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Sorry for your loss. Glad you were able to give some older gals a great retirement though! Run free sweet girl.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

:( Hugs to you.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So sorry for the loss of your Gigi.

Remember the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Irene, I am so sorry :grouphugFoster Sweet, my first senior broodmom, no doubt welcomed your sweet girl and they are sharing stories. Senior broodmoms are the best. I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Gigi.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so very sorry. I too had a corn/OS dog; she was 13.

Greyhounds are wonderful; senior broodies are extra special.

Godspeed Gigi.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am sorry she has crossed. I just hope some day to read . The X-rays showed osteo but with treatment new x-rays no osteo.

:bighug for your :brokenheart

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I'm so sorry for your loss of Gigi, but she received lots of love and loved in return diring her last few years...I hope you will gain comfort in this.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Gigi. I hope she will send you a sign that she and her sister are reunited.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown