Uber March 7, 2002 - September 30, 2016

Jiffer

I've been struggling the past few months on whether to make the decision for Uber. My usual techniques for quality of life didn't fit him.
For years, we saw a gradual decline but he never seemed unhappy. He still yelled at us for everything: food, bed, boredom, outside. His anxiety prevented him from leaving our yard, but he still ran like a damn fool from the back of the yard. Legs flailing in all directions. About a year ago, we noticed that his back end would fall asleep when he'd be laying down for any length of time and gradually, he lost all feeling in one of his legs and we were dealing with chronic bowel incontinence. Did it bother him? Nope. Not one bit.

Then the dementia and laryngeal paralysis set in earlier this year. LP was easily controlled, he wasn't so active that it flared up much and when it did, I could manage it. The dementia was a bit trickier and somewhat amusing. Nothing like watching your old dog run into the back yard, come to a dead stop, and stand there until you remind him that he's outside to go pee. <3

Uber came to us a spook. At least, that's what we thought when we saw him at the kennel the first time. I met him in 2006. A stunning white and brindle boy with the call name Killer. Except this "killer" would wet himself when you looked at him. Over time, he started to trust me a bit more and I was able to sit on the floor and hand him cookies over my shoulder. The day came that he went to his first home. I was devastated.

Almost a year later, he reappeared in late January 2007. I could not believe my eyes when I set foot in the kennel and there he was.. wetting himself again. He had completely regressed and was now called Casey. I pleaded with hubby to let me have him. He was meant to be ours so on February 8, 2007, Uber joined the pack. He spent 3 weeks, when not outside or in his crate, hiding in our bedroom. Then one day, a switch went off. He became loud, noisy, in-your-face and would demand attention. I remember thinking at that time that we had been swindled. My spook was no longer a spook in the house, save for a few odd quirks (I never understood why aluminum foil terrified him).

Uber was a funny dog. Funny as in both odd, but also hilarious. He did things to make us laugh. Like trying to squeeze into spaces not meant for an 80lb dog or laying on top of me (or anyone, dogs included, he deemed worthy of snuggling).
He was also an energizer bunny! He'd run and run and run, then ask to go for an hour or longer walk, then run some more. He had two speeds: asleep and fast. Even in his senior years, he still maintained that. I never "walked" into the house, he bounded.

Last weekend, we noticed a more significant decline. He looked more tired than usual. He was a bit more listless than normal. I tried to ignore it but I knew it was time. I couldn't have him hold on because I wanted him here.

We spent as much time together in his last week as I could. He enjoyed one last dehydrated chicken foot before he took his final car ride. I feel such an absence in our house. He was our spooky boy with a huge personality. I miss him terribly.

Uber Killer Cormier
Race Name: De Akiller
DOB: March 7, 2002
DOD: September 30, 2016 (age 14 years 6 months 3 weeks)

post-3029-0-39513900-1475505258_thumb.jpg

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

What a nice memorial for a very special boy. It sound like he was really able to thrive in the love he got in your home. And what a blessing...14 1/2+ years old. Thank you for sharing.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I am so very sorry :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry for your loss. He really was a special fellow, wasn't he? :wub:

Godspeed, Uber.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

He enjoyed one last dehydrated chicken foot before he took his final car ride. I feel such an absence in our house.

Wonderful last memories for him to take into eternity, and for you to cherish. May your spirit run with the wind, Uber. Now you can always be fast.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

So very sorry for the loss of your very special Uber.

Remember all the good times....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

What a wonderful spirit. I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Godspeed Uber.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

What a special boy. He knew he had found his place when he found you and that made him safe and happy. I am sorry you had to say goodbye.

Run free Uber, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry he's gone. It's wonderful that he found his way to you, and was able to stay for so long. He wasn't a spook in your house because he knew he was home.

Godspeed Uber.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Uber's urn is ready to come home. I know I'll feel so much better to have him home to join the vowels. <3 My house is so incredibly quiet. He sent me a sign a few nights ago. We were driving into town for a walk and a beautiful bright rainbow shone in the sky. It was so bright that it's shadow was brighter than the rest of the sky. I felt him in that moment. Of course, I forgot my camera at home, but it was very reminiscent of the rainbow that Icarus sent me after he passed in 2007.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.