Good Thoughts For Grandy Please

I think that is what killed my precious Bobber. She had high protein in the urine for years and I was concerned about the threat of a clot developing. She went down-paralyzed in the back- on Friday afternoon. I called her vet and was told they would take her as an emergency case(it was close to their quitting time). Vet was in such a hurry to get home and start her weekend she never even considered the possibility of a clot-despite Bobber having been treated for years there for the high protein. She sent Bobber and I home with a bottle of prednisone, said Bobber was OK, that it was a minor back issue, grabbed the emergency and other fees and literally raced out of the clinic to begin her weekend. I was distraught and confused; Bobber was suffering; I took her home and attempted twice to call the vet/leave messages(what a joke- like she was going to answer)when her condition continued to deteriorate; tried to decide if should risk moving her to go to an emergency vet place; all while watching her struggle and suffer; she gave 3 screams and died-less than 5 hours after the initial onset of symptoms. And oh yea the vet had a wonderful undisturbed weekend after collecting the emergency fee and speeding off from the suddenly paralyzed patient she sent home to let SUFFER and die. So just the fact you are on top of the situation and that Grandy is receiving care puts her WAY ahead of most dogs when struck with such a malady. Sending positive energy and prayers and hugs!

Grandy continues to improve, albeit slowly. She was really alert and giving me the stinkeye or, not looking at me. LOL She ate 2 containers of yogurt and dumped her water all over my lap. She has some bruising, so the Vet was going to send Dr Couto a message to get his input. Bruising in places are expected with heparin use, but with greyhounds there is a fine line and we don't want to cross it.
The really good news was that she was trying to get up by herself, has a stronger radial pulse and is allowing them to do range of motion on the leg with the clot.
Her vet is hoping her Fentanyl can be lowered a bit more and get her onto a patch. Once she is and it works, we can work on bringing her home.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Stromberry yogurt makes ebretin bettah.---Johnny :ghplaybow

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Said see ya later to our wonderful girl Grandy - Craigie Grandy September 1, 2004 - October 5, 2016
Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes.
Driving home I looked up to the sky which was dark and cloudy. All of a sudden the clouds parted to show a beautiful crescent moon. I love you to the moon and back Grandy Girl. <3

I will do a better Memorial post when I can.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

OMG, very sorry to hear this. :gh_runner Run free, Grandy!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

{{{{{Janet}}}}}

Godspeed, special girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Godspeed beautiful girl. Janet, I am so sorry.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so very sorry, Janet. :( I know how very much she meant to you. Hugs.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

:grouphug I am so very sorry Janet. :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****