Johnny & Sasha Update--10 Weeks On Thx To Greytalk We Won A Prize&

Guest johnnydrum

Guest johnnydrum

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to give you an update on how me and Sasha have been getting on.

Shes a 2 year old retired racer, from Ireland, whom I adopted 10 weeks ago from the Retired Greyhound Trust.

We had some bumps early on...she was aloof, timid, distant...what would i feed her?, why wouldnt she play?., but thanks to all the support from the community here, Sasha and I , started to understand our new jobs...

Well, last week, at a Greyhound Gala, Sasha won 1st place in the Under 4 category.... I was delighted!

And although it wasnt "Crufts", it meant the world to me, and our winning Rossette is dedicated to EVERYONE here who has helped me along the way (especially Docsdoctor)

I have attached some pictures. The first pic is of Her Royal Regal Sasha-ness....taken yesterday...lol

The second is of her sporting her Rosette in my garden after the gala....and the third pic, is of waaaay back in June, when we first met.

I hope you agree she looks very different from then to now.....so thank you ALL who helped..your the best (well actually, Sasha is, she has a Rosette to prove it lol..but you know what i mean)

Jd x

Sasha%20Being%20Sashasss_zpsanicvqku.jpg

Sasha%20Rosette_zpsfzekxncb.jpg

WP_20160618_001_zpsrjrhwyxl.jpg

Edited by johnnydrum

pretty girl

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

You did greyt - both of you. Congrats

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Well done Sasha and Johnny! :clap:clap:clap

She looks so relaxed now - and in so much better condition. And I bet over the coming years she'll continue to develop, and to surprise you, as she settles into domestic life. These dogs are such characters!

Here's to many future victories, and (even more important) happy times for the two of you :cheers

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Sasha has just blossomed under your love & care - and I can tell, this is the start, of many adventures to come!

Congratulations! It's amazing you have come so far with Sasha in such a short amount of time.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge