Check for a UTI. 

Is she getting cold?

Are her pain meds running out during the night?

Is she having trouble changing positions? - this happened to us a lot.  Dude would want to switch around then would have to work too hard getting up and moving which would wake him up too much, meaning he had to then pee.  

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

She’s got jim jams so hopefully she’s not cold. She’s not on any pain meds, maybe she needs some tho. I don’t think it’s a UTI but wouldn’t hurt to check. I’ll message the oncologist about a UTI and ask about pain meds. Thanks for the ideas. 

I am also going to change up the order of her daily oral pills and supplements just to see if it makes a difference. 

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow is our nine month post diagnosis chest rads. Send jingles. 

She has a lump that showed up on her back between her shoulder blades and we sent it off to pathology, it’s just a fatty lipoma. 

Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

4 minutes ago, gracegirl said:

She has a lump that showed up on her back between her shoulder blades and we sent it off to pathology, it’s just a fatty lipoma. 

giphy.gif

Jingles made of chocolate, because I'm sure you could use some of that too. :goodluck (Also: yay for just a lipoma!)

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

On 3/15/2023 at 1:57 PM, gracegirl said:

Update? Hope you got good news!! 🤞🏻

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Sorry for the delay. We did see something on the X-ray that might be a met but might also not be a met. Radiology said the same thing. We’ll have another set of X-rays in a month which will give us more information. Best case, it’s something that clears. Worst case, the cancer has spread. With only one spot showing in a spot that isn’t typical for lung meta, we are all trying not to speculate on what it is. 

So...  Good news, bad news situation, but not horrible news.  :thumbs-up  Sometimes that's the best we can get.  :kiss2 

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Agreed. This disease sucks. And is doing absolutely nothing to help ease my anxiety. 

• 3 weeks later...

We have gotten the middle of the night barking under control. #hotmesstess We are leaving the dog door open at night only for her (Gabby the airedale sleeps in the bedroom with us and the service puppy in training is crated in the living room with Tess) 

we are heading back for more X-rays today to see what this spot is all about. It will either have disappeared (yay, not cancer) or will have grown/multiplied (boo, cancer) 

I’ll report back after our appointment today. I’m not wearing mascara, just in case. 

{{{HUGS}}}  and  :hope 

Also, when you can think about it, opinions about her gene therapy treatment??  There's a foster dog in our group using targeted gene therapy instead of standard chemo.

:hope for Tessie and her people.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

It’s cancer, guys. 💔 The nodule grew 4mm in three weeks. We start Palladia on Friday once bloodwork comes back. 

7 hours ago, greysmom said:

{{{HUGS}}}  and  :hope 

Also, when you can think about it, opinions about her gene therapy treatment??  There's a foster dog in our group using targeted gene therapy instead of standard chemo.

I’m not sure I’d do this instead of chemo but in conjunction with it. Unless it Elias they are doing and I don’t think you can do Elias with chemo. But definitely also do FidoCure if possible. Going into it I knew that we’d never know for sure if Torigen would be effective, but I wanted to give her every possible shot within reason. I don’t regret any of the treatments we did so far. I just hope she tolerates the Palladia well. 

I’m so sorry Lauren. I hope Tess handles the Palladia and is content for as long as possible. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

6 hours ago, Beachbum1 said:

Taylor tolerated Palladia just fine.  It can also be bought CONSIDERALLY cheaper on-line, compared to buying at a vet's office.

Any particular source you recommend? This medication is not cheap! Thank goodness for insurance. It’s over $40 per dose, every other day, from the vet. AlliVet has it for closer to $30 a dose. 

5 hours ago, gracegirl said:

Any particular source you recommend? This medication is not cheap! Thank goodness for insurance. It’s over $40 per dose, every other day, from the vet. AlliVet has it for closer to $30 a dose. 

It's been over 5 years, but I think I was getting it from Alivet.  It was at least that 25% less than the vet.  I remember my oncologist saying I could buy it cheaper than their BIG multi-location oncology group could!!

May all those fighting for their pups have more good days than bad.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

No ill effects from the Palladia at this point after four doses. She’s on 65mg so we might increase the dose. Bloodwork next Thursday to see how things look. I’m