Peeing In His Sleep - Advice Appreciated

Guest JonnyBGoodhound

Guest JonnyBGoodhound
so, all has been well with Jonny and we've finalised the adoption by ending the trial period early. It's as though we've had him with us for years!

Oddly, though, today specifically, every time Jonny falls asleep he does a wee. regardless of where he is. he did it last night (which i realised this morning) and I thought it might be just because he was obviously busting to go. I took him for a walk when I got up at 6:30 immediately and he did a huge wee. So he must have had a lot stored up. Poor dude. (we will remove the water bowl at night)

but he has just done it again while sleeping on the outside couch.... not sure if anyone has any insight. My partner thinks it's because he has been missing me. We are trialling him upstairs with my partner while he is home from work for the next couple of days instead of in the office with me as per all of the last week.

I'm just not sure about that, despite reading up on separation anxiety because:

1 - my partner is with him

2 - he did it while sleeping as opposed to consciously awake

In saying that, he did accidentally go in the dining room last night because we were late taking him outside so he could go. Blamed ourselves for that one, but has that maybe started something?

I would take him to the vet for a full blood panel and urinalysis. And I wouldn't restrict water intake until you do. Neyla became incontinent in her sleep when she developed kidney disease. Could hold it or ask to go out when she was awake, but peed when she was sleeping. I bought washable incontinence pads on Ebay to put on my bed and her dog beds, and eventually went to putting a diaper on her as well.

Anyway, this sounds like a medical issue to me and regardless, always best to rule those out first.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest JonnyBGoodhound

I would take him to the vet for a full blood panel and urinalysis. And I wouldn't restrict water intake until you do. Neyla became incontinent in her sleep when she developed kidney disease. Could hold it or ask to go out when she was awake, but peed when she was sleeping. I bought washable incontinence pads on Ebay to put on my bed and her dog beds, and eventually went to putting a diaper on her as well.

Anyway, this sounds like a medical issue to me and regardless, always best to rule those out first.

thanks for that!! We are off to the vet this afternoon for his first visit so will get it all checked out