Returning Our Greyhound

Guest SohoMercer

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SohoMercer

as they say in ny...it's biershiert,meant to be!

This is so true! hahaha

YAY, this is a wonderful end to the story... For you and Wayne. I'm sure Mercer will find his happy ending soon too.

definitely, turned my day around 360!

:) :) :) :) :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Talk about an emotional roller coaster! So glad things have worked out. Wayne looks totally comfortable and is super handsome. Congrats!

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti

There you go!

I literally started crying when I read your post! Congratulations!!! He's gorgeous!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest SohoMercer

Thank you so much today would not be possible without you all. We just went for a breezy peaceful walk. It was just what i needed.

I wouldn't be surprised if he started cooking lol thanks a lot guys! Seriously thank you

OMG so happy that this story has a good ending. :balloonparty Fingers & paws crossed for Mercer, too. Wayne is such a handsome guy! Are you keeping the name?

Loving life with my first greyhound Max (4 year old dark brindle boy)! :wub:

Check out our hiking blog! www.greythikes.blogspot.com

:yay You gave 110% with Mercer, who wasn't the right fit. Now handsome Wayne is your reward. *Enjoy*!!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Congrats on Wayne, he is a beauty! And you did right by Mercer.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I hope you get some comfort knowing that some day Mercer will find the perfect home just as Wayne has with you. Mercer will be fine and you probably helped him more than you know by documenting everything you learned about him enabling your adoption group to find the home where he will thrive. I imagine this must be bittersweet, but my experience is that our greyhounds have all made a smooth transition in a short period of time.

Our current new girl, Emmy, went from the track, had surgery, was in a prison program, then lived for a foster family until we adopted her. These new situations occurred within 3.5 months. She has settled in nicely, we are bonding more everyday, and she acts like she's been with us a lot longer than 3 weeks.

I am always amazed to see them adapt so quickly to home life considering they are not raised to be pets (generally speaking). Mercer will find his place. Although it was painful, you made a loving decision for both Mercer and Wayne.

Best wishes for all of you.

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

What a happy ending after a heart wrenching decision. Wayne is gorgeous and just the right dog for you. He is perfect! We adopted a bounce many years ago and she adjusted quickly to her new home with us, always happy and content. Mercer will find his happy ending as well.

Please post lots of pictures of Wayne and his adventures in "the big city". :colgate

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

YEA!! Wayne sounds like the right choice for you. Here's to years of happiness.

PS As a short term training aid, you might consider using a belly band indoors. It helps protect your home from marking & as a consequence reduces the chances of repeat marking. I've not had to use with with any of my Greys, but I don't live in an apartment either.

it is NEVER a shame to admit when it's not the right fit. What you did is the RIGHT thing. Mercer will find his perfect home. And sounds like Wayne found HIS perfect home. I love bounces. My current two houndies are both bounces. Their first homes were not the right fit, but they are the perfect fit in my home. CONGRATS!!!

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

All of my dogs have been bounces, except Sallie (foster failure :rolleyes: ) so don't worry about Mercer. Yes, he loved you, but your home wasn't a good fit for him. He will find the perfect home and family, you can think that yours was a foster home :)