Putting Her Feet In Her Water Bowl....its Funny But Wife Getting Cross

Guest johnnydrum

Guest johnnydrum

Sasha, my 2 year old, and housemate for now 7 weeks, has suddenly started doing a strange thing.

Her water is in a 12" steel bowl, which she has had since her first day, however for 2 days running, she will actually put her feet in her bowl, whilst drinking, resulting in the dish being pushed along, skimming across the floor (with her front legs still in the bowl) spilling water all over the place

(almost like playing "curling" lol)

I have no idea whats started this "new" game....but understandably, my Mrs is not seeing the funny side.

Any thoughts on this further bonkers behaviour?

Edited by johnnydrum

And get her a baby pool for outside so she can lie down in it.

Edited by Jenbo

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Put the water bowl in a raised stand.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

And get her a baby pool for outside so she lie down in it.

She needs an indoor pool :D

Paddy%20Pool%202_zpsb6klvnwo.jpg

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest Scouts_mom

I second getting her a kid's wading pool for outside (if you don't have a yard, try putting it on a deck0. Then use a shallow water bowl on a stand. Your pup just likes to play in water!

VIDEO!!! :rules Or it never happened!!!! :rofl:rofl:rofl

One of mine used to stand in their water bucket outside! Usually right after I changed their water!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Elevate the water bowl. A lot of dogs do that. We have a cat who does it. She is just our little freak of nature. :rolleyes:

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Every dog I've ever shared my home with has done this. My GSD had a metal bucket to drink out of. She'd not only dip one leg after the other into it after drinking, she'd dunk her entire muzzle up to her eyeballs. What a muddy mess! Thank goodness someone invented elevated feeders!

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".