Anyone Feeding Rachael Ray Nutrish?

Guest Sportingfields

Guest Sportingfields

Anyone feeding Rachael Ray Nutrish? If so what is experience and thoughts on ingredients?

I am not a fan of all these fancy, designer dog foods, grain free and so forth. Anyhow, I've met a pup this weekend that has been on it for 6 weeks (was on ProPlan before I think) and in that time, the person said his coat went from everyday, normal looking to super shiny, minimal normal shedding and proper formed poos 2-3 days. He's being fed the salmon/sweet potato one. Going strictly by looks, this dog has the most gorgeous black coat that I've seen on any dog, no matter the breed. This person is a dog trainer of 45+ years and has fed about everything on the market at one time or another, said he is really impressed with this food. Mostly curious on others experiences with this food.

I've fed it before. It was fine and they liked it but I didn't see any amazing results. Every dog is different. I got the most compliments on my black fosters shiny coats when I had about 6 fosters at a time and fed Petsmart Authority. Iams isn't the greatest on paper but it fixed Rex's runny poop in a matter of days.

Give it a try and decide.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Trolley loves this food. Her coat looks great, great pooh and she has actually slimmed down a bit. She looks great and she inhales her food. I think it's a good product.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

Rocket is currently eating the grain-free Turkey and Potato version. He has become less enthusiastic about it in the last 10 days or so, but is still eating it. It seems to work well for him, We have tried 2 of the other Rachael Ray blends (not grain free) and had squirting diarrhea on both within 12 hours of eating.

It really is about what works for your dog.

One of the things to watch for is that the bag sizes of the various Rachael Ray food are different depending on where you buy them. Bags sold at WalMart and grocery stores are smaller by up to several pounds on the larger sizes, yet are often the same price as Amazon and other online outlets where you get 3 more lbs of food for the same price. So far the best deal on most foods continues to be Amazon Prime, Chewy.com or Wag.com depending on what we are buying. Amazon has recently had coupon deals with several dollars off on a purchase of Rachael Ray foods.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I tried the beef flavor of RR Nutrish. In about 3 weeks, Annie's coat got dull and lifeless looking. I put her back on the previous foodie, which she had gotten picky about, and everything is back to normal. Before switching, I used fish oil in the RR food, but Annie wouldn't eat it. She doesn't like fish oil.

Edited by Feisty49

Guest chickenpotpie

Never tried it but Lucky isn't terribly picky either. She continues to be on mostly raw diet which works for her. I give her a handful of IAMS in the evening (its not like I have man hands so its really not much ;) ) @Feisty, does annie like coconut oil? I give both, though coconut oil is usually the best when I have to give her any type of med (it just smells better....lol)

Never tried it but Lucky isn't terribly picky either. She continues to be on mostly raw diet which works for her. I give her a handful of IAMS in the evening (its not like I have man hands so its really not much ;) ) @Feisty, does annie like coconut oil? I give both, though coconut oil is usually the best when I have to give her any type of med (it just smells better....lol)

Haven't tried coconut oil. It does sound better. Now that Annie's back on Diamond Natural White Fish and Sweet Potato, her coat is healthy and soft again.