Lump/bulge On Lower Rib Cage

Guest greyhoundude

Guest greyhoundude

I'll try to make this succinct. Keith has smallish bulge on his lower rib cage. It began as a pimply/blistery looking thing which grew to the size of a dime. Eventually it scabbed and disappeared. There is a red patch of skin where the pimple/blister was which was, until yesterday, flush with the skin. Now, however, it is beginning to slightly bulge. Also, a few inches to the left of the original incident, a new (reddish) pimple has formed. Any thoughts?

Photo: http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=1fe039a

Edited by greyhoundude

Squishy or hard? Attached to the underlying structure or is it able to be separated? Itchy? Weeping?

(You need to upload pics to a photo-hosting site - Photobucket, Instagram, etc - and then use the IMG code to paste into a thread here on GT. There's no option to upload directly. Supporting members can also upload photos to a Greytalk gallery.)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest greyhoundude
greysmom, on 05 Aug 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:greysmom, on 05 Aug 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Squishy or hard? Attached to the underlying structure or is it able to be separated? Itchy? Weeping?

(You need to upload pics to a photo-hosting site - Photobucket, Instagram, etc - and then use the IMG code to paste into a thread here on GT. There's no option to upload directly. Supporting members can also upload photos to a Greytalk gallery.)

Photo link now added to original post. Mostly hard. Not a huge bulge, but it's there. Doesn't appear to be itchy and he pretty much leaves it alone.

Edited by greyhoundude

Guest RyanR

If he was my dog, I'd keep an eye on it over the next few days. These dogs can bang themselves up pretty good when they want to. Last week my girl Callie ran over a small weed with stickers and did a number on her back paw.

I would also read up on skin growths to see if anything looks similar. If you develop a gut feeling that he needs to be looked at, it's time to see a vet for an office visit.

Me being me, I would probably take him in for a vet opinion sooner rather than later. Most "bad things" are better caught early and small rather than left alone.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly