Schedules

Guest makalataylor

Guest makalataylor

Those of you who work, what kind of schedule do you have your grey on in regards to feeding/potty time? I am debating on crating her or not, she does fine out of crate but I can't always get her to poop on the leash, she didn't poop on the leash and had an accident yesterday.

I just got her on Saturday, and she has been doing pretty good :) Just the accident yesterday and I am curious to hear about the other schedules that people have.

each dog responds well to the new schedule presented if it's consistent. i personally am one of the few who is totally in favor of a crate. it's a secure place, your home is protected, you dog has been crated at the track and does not have a negative opinion about it. just make sure you have water in it when you leave, it's out of direct sunlight or cold air-conditioning, no collar on that can get caught, leave some treats that can be eaten and she is well walked before you leave for work. many people hire a dog walker in the beginning. 4 or 5 hrs and then a walk should not be a strain. also, leave the radio on when you are gone for company.

when you return home a grand walk, dinner and another good walk should keep her happy. off lead in the house while you are home and a bed and open door to her crate when you are home and about. my dogs also slept(one still does) in their crate at night. nothing wrong with that.

you will have lots of opinions, so, read them and also talk to your adoption group. slow and steady and enjoy your new addition!

We go out in the morning about 7:00, when I come home (about 4:30, but it can be as late as 5:30) and then before I got to bed, about 9:00. I free feed so they eat whenever they want, but I find they like to eat at night, usually between 9:00-10:00.

I crated when I first got the dogs but now they have the run of the house. We walk for 10-20 minutes each, depending on the time of day. Our longer walks are usually in the morning and night. The afternoon is usually quicker walk, both because I'm tired and because it's hot.

I actually don't leave a radio on and they do fine (although I did with my first dog).

Guest braun

We go out in the morning about 7:00, when I come home (about 4:30, but it can be as late as 5:30) and then before I got to bed, about 9:00. I free feed so they eat whenever they want, but I find they like to eat at night, usually between 9:00-10:00.

I crated when I first got the dogs but now they have the run of the house. We walk for 10-20 minutes each, depending on the time of day. Our longer walks are usually in the morning and night. The afternoon is usually quicker walk, both because I'm tired and because it's hot.

I actually don't leave a radio on and they do fine (although I did with my first dog).

how long before you managed to leave them free run of the house and how did you go about it? If you don't mind me asking hehe!

My girl follows the eschedule:

- 6am for a walk then feed her,

- When I can, I go at 2pm for a walk,

- 4pm for walk and then feed her again,

- last walk at 10am, then brush her teeth every day.

But I was told they adapt to your routine, cause mine had a eschedule in the rescue like 4 or 5 times released to potty, so I think they do well with yours, just a matter of sticking with a routine.

Some people said it's better feed before walking cause they are awake, but I think it's better after to avoid any bad digestion, mine gets too nervous walking yet.

Edited by denisetanaka

I work early, so my hours will be a bit "off" from a standard 9-5

5:30 AM, get up, immediately go out for a tinkle break.

5:40 feed him breakfast, have coffee, watch news

6-6:15, go on walkies (we walk at the park now because he doesn't like walking on the sidewalks) for 30 minutes or so. This is when he poops.

6:45 I leave. I give him a large Milk Bone and say, "Be a good boy, I'll be back later."

3:45, return home. Get mauled by dog in a joyful display of OH MY GOD YOU'RE HOME. Take dog out. He often poops again.

6:30 or later, last outs.

We go to bed early since we get up early, but I find it very important to walk after meals. It gets the digestion going!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I leave before my boyfriend does but, I:

wake up at 7

feed at 7:20

let him out in the yard for pees and poops

and i leave for work at 7:40

at about 8:30 he has a walk, like 20 minutes

then he's home out all day until about 6 or 6:30

then it's food and a walk

then at like 10 a snack and bed

At first he was at home in the crate, which he didn't mind and after a few weeks we started leaving him out. We got the crate bc he had some separation anxiety and ruing some blinds. After a few weeks he learned that we do in fact come home and we leave a window blind open so he can see out. Never had an accident! ( i hope i didn't just jinx us! )

I have a very odd schedule. Once in a while a new foster might have an accident in the crate (when I'm working) the first night or two. I've really never had an issue with them catching on to my schedule quickly.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho