Mixing Gabapentin And Methocarbomol (Robaxin)

Took Ry out for a very very leisurely walk along the waterfront. He was in and out of water the whole time, drinking, laying etc. One part of water was just a short jump down (like 2 steps high) to beachfront. He went down and back up no problem. Towards the end of the walk we visited the same spot, except this time he failed to jump up. His back end completely gave way and he almost got wedged between the rocks. He came away unscathed but this as usual was more than his regular activity.

Anticipating this, I gave him Robaxin before departing this morning and gave him another when we got home, 7 hrs later. He's continuing to struggle to get up, and I know this will pass like it has times before, but LS is just in my head, after witnessing Kasey with it.

I have some Gaba leftover from Kasey. I wonder if I should give Ryder some? He is in pain of some sort and I've always said muscular but this time certainly LS is coming into play. Back ends just plain don't give out like that.

Thoughts?

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Had he had that amount of Robaxin before? I dont think Robaxin would cause those symptoms, but just want to be sure. Otherwise, can't advise you what to do except to say if your concern is whether you can give both safely you can. Zuri takes 500 mg of Robaxin twice a day and 300 mg Gabapentin 3-4x/day. For a very long time he took both with the Gabapentin at a lower dose.

ETA: it does sound like LS - a very similar thing has happened with Z, but if it's anything where you are like it is here I'd want to make sure he's not suffering from heat exhaustion or heat stroke before medicating further.

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I just gave him 150g now that i'm home and can monitor him. He was still super stiff when I got back home tonight. We'll see what tomorrow has in store. What will be nice is if I have magically found a fix for his extreme stiffness that metho was only mildly helping. Poor guy. You know its bad when he's not at the door to greet you when you get home. He was at least standing on his bed tho, so was able to get up but not much more.

Proudly owned by:

Going to try robaxin and gaba together this morning. His robax dose is 625mg and I think I'm comfortable giving 150mg gaba (that would be two 2mg per pound for him). I know Kasey went that low when we started it.

Makes me a bit nervous to do this without a vet consult but I very curious to see if this helps today.

Proudly owned by: