Zuri Osteo Update: Just Got Some Good News!

Thanks everyone. :)

what wonderful news -- we all share (in some small way) your joy and happiness that Zuri's treatments are working ... Congratulations!

Can I ask that you post a picture of your bouncing boy? They always make me smile, and we could ALL use that!!

Aw, thanks for asking. How about this one? This is what Zuri thinks about cancer.

0611161601a_zpsgvchqzx3.jpg

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Blep! :P

That's a face that deserves ice cream!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Blep! :P

That's a face that deserves ice cream!

There has been no shortage of ice cream, trust me. :P Or French fries. Or his favorite, bites of my cheeseburger buns (yeah, mama's eating healthy lately :lol). Tonight the dogs got bully sticks. Apparently when you're a 12 year old a bully stick takes it out of you. :P

0715162114a_zpsqmchrthn.jpg

Edited by NeylasMom

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

That is greyt news! If Zoledronate is the same as Pamidronate (which I think it is), my Wylie had infusions of it every 3 to 4 weeks and it really helped. Not only did it manage his pain, but on x-rays, you could see the bone actually calcifying! Every day, week, month was a blessing and we got many of them with Wylie and he was comfortable for a long time :)

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

That is greyt news! If Zoledronate is the same as Pamidronate (which I think it is), my Wylie had infusions of it every 3 to 4 weeks and it really helped. Not only did it manage his pain, but on x-rays, you could see the bone actually calcifying! Every day, week, month was a blessing and we got many of them with Wylie and he was comfortable for a long time :)

It's the same class of drug (bisphosphonates), but is supposedly the newer, better version. Lower risk of issues with the kidneys and it doesn't require that long infusion time alongside IV fluids, though we are now doing some fluids to be safe. I used Pamidronate with Neyla, but we were only able to do one treatment. Anywho! Thank you, it's great to hear that someone has such a positive experience with this type of treatment.