Bandaged Paw. In Pain Or Sympathy?

Rebel had his teeth cleaned yesterday and at the same time she removed his corn. He has two stitches and his paw is wrapped up. He doesn't want to walk on it. In the house he is pretty much a tripod, outside he uses it but he definitely favors it. He is on a very low dose of pain meds. I talked to the vet this morning and she said we will decide what do when he comes in for a bandage change tomorrow morning. How do you tell the difference between actual pain and just wanting sympathy?

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

I've never heard of stitches for corn removal. Not sure what they did, but there is probably pain if it was just done.

I had a dog who refused to walk on a foot with a bandage on it. Take off the bandage...no problem!

I don't think he is looking for sympathy. Maybe pain, or maybe just doesn't like the feeling of walking with a bandage on.

Hope tomorrow is better.

I too have never heard of stitches for corn removal -- the "divot" is jus there once the corn is removed. If there are stitches where the corn USED to be, I'm sure it is pressing on the "seed" of the corn (that the hard part of the corn, that was removed) grows from and is causing a LOT of pain. :(

?

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Thanks Tracey! I will demand to be present during the bandage change to see what she did. I just hope with the corn removed he feels better.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15