Greetings From Sc!

Hi Everyone, just wanted to stop in and introduce ourselves. I adopted John in October last year after having to PTS my Labrador (and retired K9 partner) due to old age, almost 15!

It has been a learning experience, to say the least. He is a super sweet boy, but has sleep aggression (lesson learned the hard way :ohno ) and does not really care for other dogs. But, he gets along great with my 4 cats and I wouldn't trade him for anything!

We hope to participate a lot here and eventually, maybe, get to meet some of you! :D

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Welcome.

Be careful using the term "sleep aggression" unless that's what it really is. Could it just be sleep startle? The reason I say to be careful is that you don't want that word "aggression" to come up as part of his history if you would have a bite or other incident happen in the future. We have a dog with sleep startle who has bitten twice, both times when he was startled out of sleep by humans - me included. The other time it happened we ended up having to do a home quarantine for 2 weeks because the person needed medical treatment for the bite. Fortunately, the AC Warden who came out understood what had happened as he stood there leaning into her, getting pets.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Welcome from Germany.

I sadly don't think that I will ever meet one of you in person. But I like to read about your boy...

...and pictures would be nice.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Welcome to both of you and the kitties too from Upstate SC!

My first greyhound, Piper "The Perfect" was a Gable Dodge son. Wonderful personality.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Welcome.

Be careful using the term "sleep aggression" unless that's what it really is. Could it just be sleep startle? The reason I say to be careful is that you don't want that word "aggression" to come up as part of his history if you would have a bite or other incident happen in the future. We have a dog with sleep startle who has bitten twice, both times when he was startled out of sleep by humans - me included. The other time it happened we ended up having to do a home quarantine for 2 weeks because the person needed medical treatment for the bite. Fortunately, the AC Warden who came out understood what had happened as he stood there leaning into her, getting pets.

I've heard it referred both ways, but you're right. He would wake up growling the few times he slept in my bed--and stupid me got bitten when I tried to get him off the bed. Totally, totally my fault. He has plenty of comfys to lay on, no more bed sharing!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

Welcome to you and John, and condolences on the loss of your Labrador. Yes, I bet there are a lot of personality differences between the two :) We'd love to see pictures of both your dogs and cats.

My Jeterbug has selective sleep startle where he morphs from Gomer Pile into Cujo -- he always seems to know when Milo the Wonderhound might be thinking about space encroachment. But I keep to the rule of not touching a sleeping dog, just in case.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Pics eventually, I gotta get my camera up one day, my tablet takes pics, but not good ones. There is a picture of John on greyhound data.

Edited by palmettobug