Dino's Arthritis

Hi again helpful grey talkers

So Dino was dig paws with Arthritis last year but it wasn't our normal vet and I attributed it to a not fully recover for a slip and fall two years ago.

We this year another more Greyhound savie vet said the same thing saying she thinks it's in his hips and front wrists. I noticed this Year Dino really started to slow down, he is a 8yr old 85lb male. He has recently lost weight too down from 90lbs.

Dino is on a pile of supplements:

Greyhound Gang get up and go

Plus CMO and Digestive enzymes.

Fish oil

Golden paste/tumeric

And starting Yuca again after some more education on proper dosage and mixing. Thanks Greyhound Gang.

We have started Cold laser therapy and that did seem to have some effect.

So what I am asking about what long term pain management. I don't think we will use it all of the time just enough to get him moving so we can him moving more which should help.

Thanks

Ryan Niki Cole Dino and Stella

Dino and Stella

Cartrophen or adequan are always my recommendations to clients.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

NSAIDs can be given long-term but bloodwork must be monitored. Watch for spikes in renal and hepatic values. Of course less is always best and for that reason sometimes it's beneficial to give a liquid--metacam for example-it's much easier and more accurate to be able to tweak dosages with liquid.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Dino is now 85 lbs and on low dose Tramadol and we are giving laser therapy a try. I am also considering adding or switching his Supplements to Next level joint fluid. We use Get up and Go mix now with CMO and Yuca extract. We tried golden past but it didn't seem to help and is was messy.

Drum roll it seems to have helped walks are a little easier and he is a bit more playful. Nothing earth shattering he isn't a puppy again but I think this may help us be more active and that should help too.

Thanks ks again

Ryan and Dino

Dino and Stella