Hello From The North East Of England. Johnny&sasha

Guest johnnydrum

THOSE EARS, I'M DED! THUD! :bunny:flip:D

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Guest johnnydrum

Thank you Palmettobug....She looked like a totally different animal once she saw Rabbit!

She has only retired from racing recently ( her last race was May) and her senses just red-lined lol

OneOnly: Thank you. How is lovely Bristol my lovely! lol

Sasha has only been with me for 3 weeks and im totally smitten by her.

Welcome from an hour or two outside of Toronto. Sasha is beautiful.

GO HABS!

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest johnnydrum

Welcome from an hour or two outside of Toronto. Sasha is beautiful.

GO HABS!

A Greyhound lover and lifelong NHL fan.....We are obviously from the same kennel!

I honeymooned in Toronto in 1997 where I went to see my beloved Capitals play on opening day. (Mats Sundin`s first game as Captain, and my first ever live game)

I adored the place..Which part of Toronto may I ask

But wait...I see Go Habs!? Les Canadiens de Montréal!!?

Sacrebleu au revoir Pk Subban???!!!

I used to live in an area called Riverdale, which is at Danforth and Broadview; also called Greektown. Now I live in Kitchener. Have al aye loved the Habs and I'm upset about Subban, as is GT's CharliesDad. I'm more upset that the NHL is opening a franchise in Las Vegas, but not in Quebec City :angryfire

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest johnnydrum

Kitchener has an amazing OHL team too, the Rangers

Well the new GM of Las Vegas is actually a man who I have became friends with --Mr McPhee

I remember the Nordiques....Stastny brothers, Goulet et all, showing my age a bit here.

My life usually involves going to bed at 10pm, then rising at midnight to watch the NHL throught the night (due to the UK time difference lol)....but my new girl Sasha may object to such nocturnal persuits this season

Guest johnnydrum

Some pics of my 2 year old Sasha while she was waiting for us to adopt and was in the care of Darlington Retired Greyhound Trust...whom prepared her for a life after racing. Isnt she spectacular (if I say so myself)

Photo credits to Retired Greyhound Trust Darlington

https://www.retiredgreyhounds.co.uk/regional-branches/823-darlington-rgt

https://en-gb.facebook.com/DarlingtonRetiredGreyhoundTrust

I wouldnt have my wonderful girl had it not been for the love, care that they shown her. x

Sasha3_zpsdlaooew3.jpg

Sasha2_zps2hvsibfn.jpg

Sasha1_zpsy2r31elv.jpg

Guest johnnydrum

Selfie with Sasha! Saturday 16th July....A very warm day in Northern England...temperatures SOURED to a whopping 26C lol

Sasha%20and%20Jd2_zpsywfdbn80.jpg

And as you can see, us Brits so succumbed to the summer heat....(a whopping 26c) and we soon headed into the shade for a rest and a drink...lol....only in the UK eh ..lol

Sasha%20and%20Jd_zpsvmwwd9ag.jpg

Edited by johnnydrum

Guest johnnydrum

Just found this gem, of my Dad and his Sister taken in Northern UK, the year WW2 ended,

His family was very very poor, but the dogs look to be healthy (bless them all)

richard%20amp%20hilda_zpsxl2bjabr.jpg

Guest johnnydrum

My "timid" girl is starting to really gain in confidence week by week!

This week, while on our walk, she saw a Horse for the first time and was very keen to "pursue"....thankfully we kept a safe distance (although she was pulling greatly! You can see the object of her attention in the background)

Sasha%20sees%20Horse_zpslg9fi0u8.jpg

And today, at the seaside, she even ventured for a paddle!

Sasha%20Paddle_zpsg1y4gfpr.jpg

Edited by johnnydrum

Just found this gem, of my Dad and his Sister taken in Northern UK, the year WW2 ended,

His family was very very poor, but the dogs look to be healthy (bless them all)

richard%20amp%20hilda_zpsxl2bjabr.jpg

Maybe they used the hounds to catch rabbits for the pot, so they earned their keep?

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

The one in the left is a dead ringer for my Paddy.

26332382lo.jpg

He even has the white breast.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Guest johnnydrum

Banjoman: I think you may be onto something. Dad died when i was 19 (Im 45 now) so I couldnt ask, but they were a very poor family, in a very poor area, in a very poor time.

It never ceases to amaze me how (not only the brave servicemen coped) but how the families managed back then.

This wonderful country is molded on the efforts & resolve of those families in a time where people literally had b**ger all!

Smurfette: My goodness, you are correct. it looks like your Paddy has leapt from one picture to another.