Greetings From Dayna & Rock!

Guest RockRoos

Guest RockRoos

Hello, everyone! I'm Dayna and this is my 4 year old grey, Rock. We live in the greater Seattle, WA area and I adopted him about one and a half years ago. Rock was the second (or third?) dog I looked at, and when I met him, he started leaning on me right away and it was over from there. I grew up in Miami not far from the track and we had family friends with ex-racers, and so I've loved the breed from a young age.

Rock's ear tattoos indicate he is from Ireland, but he was actually brought down from Canada to a local greyhound rescue. I suspect he may have been brought to North America to participate in illegal racing, and that there's some mistreatment in his past. But he's now happy and healthy and is enjoying being a spoiled rotten furbaby.

My pics of him are kinda huge and I'm not sure how to resize them, so rather than post directly, here's a couple of links:

http://67.media.tumblr.com/86aa2a5327a5b3bcfc2d223cb77a8e61/tumblr_o2d4ckTXMI1rvzjc4o1_1280.jpg

http://67.media.tumblr.com/d6397610120560556e00c9e6be8c4fc0/tumblr_o7tgbo5Gnp1rvzjc4o1_1280.jpg

Looking forward to participating in the community here!

Hi and welcome! He's a cutie for sure!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Guest RockRoos

Thanks everyone for the lovely compliments! He knows he's gorgeous, too. ;)

spottydog, I consider him black with white. There's another grey owner who referred to the coloring as "harlequin" which I really like.

Welcome from Germany. Your boy is a pretty houndie. I have three lads from Ireland, too.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

:welcome

Greyhound Supporters in Ottawa brought over a few Irish hounds a couple of years ago

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest RockRoos

4My2Greys: he's actually only four years old!

And thank you everyone for the lovely compliments. Wherever we go, I often get people telling me how handsome he is. And boy does he know it, too.

BatterseaBrindl: He did come by way of Canada, I wonder if he was part of that group. I'd have to look through his paperwork.

Guest johnnydrum

Wherever we go, I often get people telling me how handsome he is. And boy does he know it, too.

Isnt it funny , because, everyone stops and remarks when meeting Greyhounds at

#A: how they are surprised at how pleasant they are, and then...

#B: notice how beautiful they are too.

I have said before that I think (and no disrespect to lovers of other breeds {all animals are beautiful}, but Greys have a very "human " like expressions, which most people , before seeing one close up, dont realise.

Lovely to meet you and boy