Good Replacement For Kirkland Lamb And Rice?

I'm about to breakup with Costco (thanks to the credit card debacle), the only thing keeping me there is that's where I get the boy's food. They do well on it, any recommendations for something similar, in a similar price range?

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

All four of our dogs have been eating ProPlan Shredded Lamb and Rice. All of them have done great on it. It goes on sale regularly at Petsmart. They also send us coupons from time to time.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Purina One Lamb and Rice is what we have used and everyone has done well for the past 5 years.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

We use Nutra Nuggets L&R which is in a bag exactly like the Costco brand except we get it at our local Kroger. Price is the same too. Probably the same product. ;)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm not hugely picky but Henry's got a slightly finicky stomach on foods that aren't lamb based.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Follow-up, does anyone know if Sam's Club has a lamb and rice food of comparable quality? They're offering a free membership to Costco members this week.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think there's anything Costco could do to make me stop shopping there--certainly not something as trivial as changing credit card processors.

I'm sorry to hear the change had a negative impact on you, but I fear you'd only be punishing yourself by looking for alternatives (and considering Sam's club *shiver*).

I have fed Diamond foods (purchased at Menards) with good results.

~Amanda

Since Diamond makes the food for Costco, I would think that would be a good lateral move. My Costco credit card didn't move over so easily either, but I was able to work it out. It wasn't as difficult as the AMEX rep implied. :)

My first grey was fed Sam's, but that was years ago. He did love that stuff :)

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

• 2 weeks later...

The foods closest to the Kirkland's Lamb & Rice will probably be Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice or 4Health Lamb & Rice (available at Tractor Supply). All 3 foods are made by Diamond and are pretty similar.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

The foods closest to the Kirkland's Lamb & Rice will probably be Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice or 4Health Lamb & Rice (available at Tractor Supply). All 3 foods are made by Diamond and are pretty similar.

Thanks, I've fed Diamond in the past (different dog) and I think I stopped over a food contamination issue, but really what food hasn't had that in the last 15 years.