Noticed A Firm Bump On Dino's Side This Morning.

Actually DW noticed it.

It is firm the size of a pea and moves around slightly. Doesn't seem to brother him at all.

We are heading to the vet tonight but I am fearing the worst.

Dino is a large male 85 to 90 lbs and 8yrs old.

Any advice

Thanks,

Ryan

Dino and Stella

Glad you're heading to the vet - hope it's nothing --don't want to add to your worry but our rivie had osteo on her ribcage that presented as a peasized knot -- hope you don't need to, but feel free to pm me if needed

Rocket had a pea-sized bump on his right side near the hip. We asked the vet to remove it when they were also removing a cyst on his eyelid. The bump on his hip ended up being a benign cyst, but what had appeared as a pea-sized bump ended up being about 4 inches round and very deep once they shaved the fur. He had it removed, the fur grew back and there have been no further issues related to it.

Hope Dino's is nothing more than a benign cyst or bump.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Thanks all been worrying all day.

Dino does have some random soft bumps that have showed up but never changed in size.

He also had what we call his side whiskers ranub thick like hair that looks he has a whisker one on each side about the center of the ribcage.

Dino and Stella

So Crisis averted no bad cells in the aspiration. We will be keeping an eye on it. On the side we love our new Greyhound savie vet. Now if we could just figure out why Stella is coughing. Looks like we are taking one of our hounds to an internal med vet.

So Dino is just old and lumpy and probably getting laser treatment.

Thanks all

Ryan

Dino and Stella

Glad all is well with Dino. In addition to being lumpy, Celeste has seasonal allergies that result in a hacking cough. She'll be 13 y/o soon and doing well otherwise.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

• 2 weeks later...

So just an update I was looking for the bump on Dino's side and I couldn't find it today. I feel a little silly now but relieve at the same time. Thanks for all of the advice and kind thoughts.

Ryan,Niki,Cole Dino and Stella

Dino and Stella