I've not been here for far too long, and I'll post about that soon, but Benny has had some sort of degenerative muscle wastage. The process has become too aggressive for treatment and we have made the hard decision to send him home before it gets too bad, and we lose completely the spunky, fabulous hound we know and adore.

Benny is getting his wings tomorrow (Friday) morning. Please contact your bridge angels and ask them to prepare for a cheeky, handsome and affectionate new member and show him the ropes till I get there to see him again.

Won't post again till after, but any kind thoughts would be appreciated.

Sorry to see this post. :( Lots of positive thoughts headed your way....

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Unfortunately, Benny will be in very good company. Not to worry; he won't be alone. I am so sorry that he has to leave you.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm sorry to see this. Wishing Benny a peaceful crossing.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm sorry. Your Benny is a lucky fellow to have you in his corner. Hugs to you and safe journey to your beloved.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've had a long-distance crush on that sweet boy since you brought him home! I'm so glad he was so loved. Sending hugs to all of you.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Oh my goodness, I was just thinking about you this week and wondering where you've been. I am so sorry it is Benny's time but what a grand gift you gave him when he needed a lifeline. Please give that good sweet boy a big hug from me. Seamie (and nine other campers) will be there to welcome Benny home. Peaceful crossing for you Benny. :heart Fiona, I'm so sorry :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh no, I'm so sorry. We've had to say goodbye to 4 now, and had to make that tough call for 3 of them. I know it's so much harder when you still see some sparkle left in them, I'm just so sorry. I hope his passing is peaceful and uneventful. I've notified my 4 to be on the lookout for him. :grouphug

Edited by Sundrop