Joint Supplements

What joint supplements are people using where you've seen a noticeable improvement from adding it (and only it)? I know a lot of people like the Spring time supplements, but looking for other suggestions as well.

We've used K9 Actiflex for years, but I think they recently removed something from the formula. I've also read that some dogs do better with Glucosamine HCl rather than sulfate (which the Actiflex has) and Zuri has also been on this supplement for many years. Just thinking it might be a good idea to switch it up.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

We have switched to Springtime and have seen a big difference. Other people who know Bella have, too. I know you were looking for ideas other than Springtime, sorry :P

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

We have switched to Springtime and have seen a big difference. Other people who know Bella have, too. I know you were looking for ideas other than Springtime, sorry :P

Not at all. I appreciate any feedback. :) I actually took a closer look at all of their products and think the joint health might be a good option for us because of the Boswellia, which also supposedly has anti-cancer properties, but it is not cheap.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I can recommend Osteo-Pet Total Joint Care. It's bacon cheese flavor, and Sweep seems to find it more palatable than the Springtime products. It's not cheap either, but I like the ingredient list. It contains Glucosamine HCI, Chondroitin, MSM, Hyaluronic Acid, Green Lipped Mussels, Collagen, Vitamins C & E, and Boswellia. Sweep's only 6 and we use it for preventative maintenance, so I can't really comment on specific improvements.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Doodles had a dramatic change within 2 weeks of being on Next Level Joint liquid. My friend, who doggy sits my two when I'm out of town, saw her a few weeks after she'd been on it and was shocked at how different she was. Moving really well and brighter. It looks like it's only for horses, but if you read the bottle, it's for dogs, too. It was recommended to me by greyhound trainers. I have tried lots and lots of different products, this one is by far the best I've ever used.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I had tried many things with Brady but we had the best results with Next Level Joint liquid.

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Guest KarenD

We use "Get Up and Go" that we get from Greyhound Gang. They offer a 4-pack supplement package of : Vitamin C, MSM, Glucosamine and Chondroitin. We have used this for about 4 years and have seen a big difference in Lucy.

And proceeds go to help more hounds.

I have also spoken to them with questions I have had....quick answers.

Worth checking out.

FRESH FACTORS! It is a miracle supplement. Nothing else comes close. If chronic arthritis etc is an issue I have also found Duralactin to be effective/helpful as well. It is cheaper to purchase it as microlactin (the patented active ingredient) and is available in a tasteless power that can be added to their food for ~ $15 a jar. I have never seen a dog that didn't like Fresh Factors-I think they know how good they are for them! I have also found DGP pills effective as well. JMO.

Edited by racindog

We use "Get Up and Go" that we get from Greyhound Gang. They offer a 4-pack supplement package of : Vitamin C, MSM, Glucosamine and Chondroitin. We have used this for about 4 years and have seen a big difference in Lucy.

And proceeds go to help more hounds.

I have also spoken to them with questions I have had....quick answers.

Worth checking out.

We were using Get up and Go as well and unfortunately it did not work as well for us. I was really bummed because I really, really loved being able to support the hounds and loved the quick responses and tons of helpful info but we just weren't seeing that it was helping Bella all that much. I'm so glad it's working for your Lucy!!

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

It looks like it's only for horses, but if you read the bottle, it's for dogs, too. It was recommended to me by greyhound trainers.

Most equine joint supplements can be fed to canines...often at a lower cost.

Just call the company and ask..they should be able to tell you the canine dosage.

I have no advice on certain products, as I am in Canada, but my hounds currently get Tri-Acta.

We have also used 'Recovery EQ', but I find they prefer the Tri-Acta.

Both these products are available in a canine version, but are more expensive...possibly due to the fact they add 'bacon' flavouring ;)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

We were using Get up and Go as well and unfortunately it did not work as well for us. I was really bummed because I really, really loved being able to support the hounds and loved the quick responses and tons of helpful info but we just weren't seeing that it was helping Bella all that much. I'm so glad it's working for your Lucy!!

I had the same experience, plus I noticed the dogs were drinking a lot more water. Nothing else in their diet had changed, so I tasted it, it was VERY salty. Maybe it has changed since then, that was quite a while ago.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Not at all. I appreciate any feedback. :) I actually took a closer look at all of their products and think the joint health might be a good option for us because of the Boswellia, which also supposedly has anti-cancer properties, but it is not cheap.

i used the Springtime formula with Boswellia and found it incredibly hard to break or crush. Our dogs didn't really care for it at all. I can't remember, but I don't think I saw any significant change either.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Get up and go didn't work for felix either.has anyone tried dasaquin? Felix has been on it and,eh.... so,I just looked at the Frsh factor website. Maybe,it's because I am using my phone,but how much glucosamine hcl,etc is in each tablet. From what I have read it should be 1500mg