If You Could Spare A Small Prayer, Larry's Dental Tomorrow Updt #1

hi....I don't post many topics anymore but am here a lot reading :)

If you guys -- whose prayers and good thoughts have helped SO many times in the past! -- could spare a small one for my sweet Larry Bear we sure would appreciate it. He goes in for the dreaded dental tomorrow and I'm terrified.

this is the FIRST dental he's had (that I know of) and the very first dental I have EVER brought ANY dog in for so far, so I am extra worried (and I'm a worry wart to begin with). I've always held off, being so scared of the whole thing and the putting under and all. Larry just turned 9 in February but thanks for our Lab-in-a-Greyhound-Suit Zekie Bear, acts like 2 most of the time :D

our Anubis had the WORST teeth and I was so afraid to do a dental I never did, and should of -- after getting Osteo in 2012 he went under 3 times in 6 weeks for radiation and I was kicking myself over and over again (still am) for never getting him a dental.

I'm sure he'll be fine, but as I know you all can appreciate, I am worried. He's my baby bear :blush

thanks!

Friday 1:00pm -- Dr. Finan called and said Larry did GREYT!!! no extractions! :yay :yay said he's a little drunk but is awake and we can pick him up at 2:30pm today :D

thanks again for all the prayers and good wishes!!!! :D :D

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Sending good thoughts for your Larry!

I can totally relate. I sent my girls in for dentals for the first time a couple of weeks ago. While the day was stressful for me, the results were great, and I am so glad I had it done.

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

Best thoughts! Let us know when he's back home :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Good thoughts for Larry.

Rocket had his first dental in 7 years right after he turned 10. No issues at all. I'm sure Larry will do great!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Goods thoughts coming to you from across the ocean.

Edited by smurfette

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Prayers for you......does he have Amicar available for post-op bleeding?

wish I had asked about this :( :(

prayers!! If you need help, please pm me (I'm off work until Monday).

thanks Julie! Bruce is off today as well and we did it on a Friday so we'd have the weekend with him just in case. :) Poor baby bear was so confused on why he didn't get his last turn out/going to bed cookie last night at midnight and even MORE confused ON WHY NO BREAKIE THIS MORNING <_< he'll get a nice (small) meal later this afternoon..

he is scheduled for 11am and they will call afterwards...am on pins and needles already. I know he is in great hands, but I can't help but worry. I put on a very brave face when dropping him off, he was already stressed about being there and he didn't need me being nervous/scared on top of it. I told him to be a big, brave, strong Lare Bear for us.

thanks to all for the good thoughts!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Hope he's enjoying a (slightly dopey) cuddle at home now. In our pack, dogs get ice cream a day or two after a dental. Followed by toothbrushing :colgate

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter