In Denial

Guest bernadette

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry1

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest Amber

So sorry for your loss - run free Vinnie young and pain-free again . He'll always be with you...I still have dreams about my two that passed, they're always young again when I dream.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing that your sweet boy is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

We went through the same hard decision with our Paulie. He had struggled for two years before we let him go. He was such a sweet boy, was still eating, but he was not enjoying his life. He needed to leave with dignity as he had been a proud racer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry for your loss.

We had to put Coltrane to sleep 3.5 years ago after he developed cancer in his leg. Similar to Vinnie, he had other mobility issues and then had trouble lying down. At the time we went back & forth over trialing other pain meds, but now that time has passed it is easier to see that sadly his best option was euthanasia. I wish you peace going forward.

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

:f_white :f_white :f_white

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

I have added Vinnie's name to the list of Bridge Angels. I am so sorry that he had to leave you.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest bernadette

Thank you, everyone. I will post a remembrance note when I can compose something suitable for him. What do you say about a dog like that? My heart is broken and there right words just aren't there.

13413685_10153908271309550_2833029105553

Thank you, everyone. I will post a remembrance note when I can compose something suitable for him. What do you say about a dog like that? My heart is broken and there right words just aren't there.

13413685_10153908271309550_2833029105553

Such beautiful eyes. Hang in there.

************************************************************************************************************************

"For love is as strong as death....

Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.

If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised."

-Song of Solomon 8:6-7

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."

"What we have enjoyed we can never lose…All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."-Helen Keller

"Some animals...leave a trail of glory behind them.

They give their spirit to the place where they have lived,

and remain forever a part of the rocks and streams and the wind and sky."

- Marguerite Henry

What a beautiful, beautiful dog. Those eyes.

You have taken the pain away from him and willingly put it upon you. :grouphug

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter