Chemo From Osu?

Quick question - does anyone know if OSU is still providing free chemo for greyhounds with bone cancer? If so, is it 4 treatments and is it carboplatin or doxorubicin?

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Last I heard they still were, but the program did have an end date which I dont't recall. They were giving carboplatin, i believe. Best to just contact them and see what they say. You might also contact the Greyhound Health Initiative as they were trying to initiate a chemo program. (That's the new Hope4Hounds/Dr Couto support group.)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Thank you. I looked on their website and couldn't find that page for some reason.

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I just joined Greyhound Health Initiative for about $100.00 a year. The perks are:

20% discount with Embrace Pet Insurance

2 Greyhound Normal Blood Values cards

20% off Red Roof Inns

50% discounts with one-on-one consultations with Dr. Couto

Free Carboplaten as needed for the treatment of osteo

Discounted or free access to educational material

Plus, you are helping Dr. Couto with his cancer research.

You can google them at: GreyhoundHealthinitiative.org and their phone number is: 614-526-8429

I hope this helps.

Their web page is: GreyhoundHealthinitiative. org

Last I heard they still were, but the program did have an end date which I dont't recall. They were giving carboplatin, i believe. Best to just contact them and see what they say. You might also contact the Greyhound Health Initiative as they were trying to initiate a chemo program. (That's the new Hope4Hounds/Dr Couto support group.)

It was a little bit difficult to get through, but I finally reached someone who told me the program was discontinued early last fall. :( She referred me to Dr. Couto. So unfortunately looks like chemo is now only available free twice per year through his program, although I don't know if that's calendar year, or 365 days, etc.

It was a little bit difficult to get through, but I finally reached someone who told me the program was discontinued early last fall. :( She referred me to Dr. Couto. So unfortunately looks like chemo is now only available free twice per year through his program, although I don't know if that's calendar year, or 365 days, etc.

We base it on the anniversary date of your sign up. Plus you get all the perks "Waliered" posted above.

We offer free chemotherapy twice a year, we hope you would never need more than that in a year.

Message me if you need further assistance

jshaffer@greyhoundhealthinitiative.org

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

We base it on the anniversary date of your sign up. Plus you get all the perks "Waliered" posted above.

We offer free chemotherapy twice a year, we hope you would never need more than that in a year.

Message me if you need further assistance

jshaffer@greyhoundhealthinitiative.org

Never need more than that? Isn't the treatment usually 4 doses for osteosarcoma? Or does each of the two per year include the full amount necessary for those treatments?