Zuri - Osteo Update/spleen Results

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update that the results from the spleen FNAs came back and they were all benign. So that is one good piece of info.

Unfortunately I am not seeing the palliative benefits we had hoped for from the bisphosphonates so we are left with radiation. Thankfully the radiation oncologist offered to squeeze us in on Thursday morning so we'll be discussing whether to pursue stereotactic or palliative radiation, if anything. I am hopeful that Zuri may be a good candidate for the stereotactic radiation based on my follow-up conversation with the oncologist. If that turns out to be true, then it's a matter of weighing the risk of side effects, which seems small and the cost, which is large. :P

In any event, I'm grateful for one small piece of good news and now it's just more waiting until Thursday.

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Good news amidst bad news is still good news. One step at a time.

Well said...I will Ditto it...as I have had a long work day and can not word together much right now.... :bighug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

:) YAY for good news! :)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Thanks all. I am definitely grateful for any positive news at this point. I also talked with the oncologist at length and she gave me some hope that radiation may help despite the fact that oral meds and the Zoledronate aren't doing what we hoped. She reported about 75% of patients see very good pain relief from radiation. :goodluck

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Just seeing this. I'm glad you had some good news, that helps to not be battling two things. I have a couple of friends who have had good luck with radiation therapy for pain relief. I hope Zuri has the same response.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014