One Year..and It Still Hurts

macdaddy

One year ago today my best boy ever Mac crossed the bridge..still miss him. My first greyhound, my heart dog..had him 11.5 years..longest of all my greys..don't think I'll ever get over him..don't really think I want to..still get teary at times when I remember some special little thing about him..not as bad as at first and Sweetie is a comfort..a little velcro cuddle bunny..all I could ask for in a dog..I tell her she's the best girl puppy ever..just wish I could still have the best boy puppy ever..love you Mac..forever .... :cry1

Dogs and small children are the only people I really get along with....MacDaddy

I felt like you when I lost my first dog. He was special in every way. I learned so much from him - about dogs and about myself, about being a team, about trust. Sometimes I get teary thinking of him and it's 10 years now that he went to the bridge.

I guess it is supposed to be like that. But mostly I smile when I detect some little quirks of him in my boys. Olo love to bark at the fence with the neighbour's dog like Colin, he hated to go out in the rain just like Paddy and loved people, especially kids but despised unknown dogs just like Andy.

And when we are together as a family with my parents and my sister we often talk about him and allmthise things we experienced together. Anybody could talk to my younger sister without Olo screaming bloody murder at him or Olo pursuing a police officer and my mom frantically racing after him because sometimes he decided to stop the friendly act. And one day during agility class he decided to stay on the A-hurdle because he was the biggest and nobody could reach him. And I was desperately trying to get him down and all the other dog owners laughed at me.

It was a good time and wouldn't want to miss it. So today I can smile through my tears and think that my life would have less sadness if I never met him butcalso less joy.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

He's still with you in each and every one of those memories. Nothing wrong a memory generating a couple of tears. I always figure that there's a drought and we can use the water.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Have a good cry. Let Sweetie help you heal.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:grouphug I understand. Let the tears come.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I just lost my best boy 2 days ago. I don't think I'll ever get over it either.

For now, all I'm doing is sitting, staring at the wall, wishing I had him back.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

It is very hard and while time dulls the pain, one never truly forgets.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I understand how it is. On June 12th 2012 I lost Sabrina. I still see her coming down the stairs with one of her toys & in all of her spots in the house. Remembering for the moment is sweet but than you remember they have crossed & you are sad.

:bighug:bighug:bighug:bighug

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina