Summit's Ivdd Surgery Progress

Your post brought tears to my eyes. What a horrible turn. There were a lot of risks either way, with or without surgery. It matters not whether you are a pet owner, a veterinarian or both, no one gets a guaranty on these things. We make the decisions that seem best at the time. So you must know there is no blame to be placed.

It is good to see he is improving. He's got weeks of improvement left. The stupid UTI is an added complication but a treatable one. I'm holding out hopes for a very good recovery.

I've been going home at lunch for the past few weeks in order to check on Summit and make sure he hasn't pooped. Today when I arrived I was greeted by this incredible sight:

IMG_1009_zpssjw5k1au.jpg

I just about cried. I am amazed that he managed to get up there. And then, while I was in the yard with the girls, he managed to get down again.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

:yay

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Oh no, not on the furniture :lol

What a wonderful sight! :yay

omg THIS!! :yay

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

The couch!!!!! What an achievement!! Never underestimate the power of a determined hound.

How on earth did he manage that without tangling/pulling out the u-cath? Rock on Summit!!!!!

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

:colgate so happy for all of you

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I've been going home at lunch for the past few weeks in order to check on Summit and make sure he hasn't pooped. Today when I arrived I was greeted by this incredible sight:

IMG_1009_zpssjw5k1au.jpg

I just about cried. I am amazed that he managed to get up there. And then, while I was in the yard with the girls, he managed to get down again.

My eyes got misty looking at that picture. Adding healing thoughts for a complete recovery for your special boy. :hope

I would have bawled like a baby! What an absolutely awesome thing!

You go, Summit!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Pulled the urinary catheter tonight and helped Summit "walk" (it's more like coordinated stumbling right now) outside to have a pee. First time in 3 weeks.

He has a rehab appointment on Monday to start figuring out his rehab program going forward.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Yay for the catheter out! Yay for the couch! Yay for going outside! Yay for rehab!

Yay for Summit and his whole family!

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Jeter wanted me to add that he would do anything -- ANYTHING -- you wanted if you talked to him in that wonderful, high-pitched "good boy" tone.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter