Sign in to follow this  

So I didn't get a photo (horrible I know) but does your dog go crazy over McDonald's? Jake has always been a beggar, but he is usually content to wait until we're done and politely beg for scraps. Yesterday we had McDonald's for dinner and I had to physically shove his nose out of my food several times. He doesn't do that with anything else, even other fast food. I don't know what they put in that stuff...

Here's an old photo just because:

IMG_2791%202_zps2vzddpxi.jpg

jakesigsmall_zps254e191c.jpg

Photographer in Phoenix, AZ www.northmountainphoto.com

Jake, you are one handsome dude. Hope you got at least a taste! I hear French fries are good for recovering from broken legs. (How's he doing, by the way?)

Don't tell anyone, but Sweep's never had McDonald's. :sofa She will, however, practically knock me over for some Babybel cheese. She can discern the sound of that wrapper from any other plastic-wrapped food item and will come running from whatever room she's in to get a bite. It's uncanny.

17369590311_3d5eeef92f.jpg

Rachel with Sweep and kitties Olive and Momo.
Always missing my boys Mud and
Henry

Whenever we'd go on road trips Rex would go on a hunger strike. Finally I broke down and got him a cheeseburger and a precedent was made. One year at the Abilene gathering I order what I wanted and a plain cheeseburger for Rex. He stuck his head out the back window at the drive through window and the woman cracked up. She said "I should have known - I'll bet 2/3 of the plain cheeseburgers I've sold this weekend have been for greyhounds".

Edited by Hubcitypam

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Ryder goes NUTS for the Cheerios box. :youcrazy

But he DOES love McDonalds too! He often gets a plain burger when I order a meal for myself :)

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

We used to reward our show dog with a plain burger and a small vanilla shake from McDonald's. He knew the golden arches from half a mile away!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Kili has figured out she won't get anything by being a pest while we eat. She does go a little bonkers anytime we go through ANY drive through though as she sometimes gets handed a timbit or a fry before I start driving again.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Do you mean McDog Crack? :bgeorge

Rocket never had any interest in our meals. While he would always accept a handout, he never begged and never checked out our plates. The first time I brought McDonald's into the house, he bolted out of a sound sleep from the other side of the house when he smelled it, with drool flinging everywhere. I think someone at the track had given him fries, as he seemed to know what they were. He is militant about getting fries and while he will eat fries from any food place, McDonalds seems to get the big puddles of drool.

He has had a cheeseburger and thought that was pretty tasty, and when we get his nails trimmed he and I hit the drive through for an Egg McMuffin (he gets the egg.)

IMG_2082_zpsjytxq6ge.jpg

Hey Jake - FOLLOW THAT TRUCK!

01b68ce0a16fe5d95169a0d72913e0b6b4f2e65f

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Always missing my boy Hi Noon Rocket. The home of Petunia, MW Neptunia and Kate, Miss Kate.

Guest Jacks_Human

Jack attributes his good looks to potatos from the Snack Fairy (aka my mom :P) and suggests Jake must be on a similar beauty regimen. He advises Jake to continue and make sure his humans understand the importance of his beauty fries.

Jake, you are one handsome dude. Hope you got at least a taste! I hear French fries are good for recovering from broken legs. (How's he doing, by the way?)

Don't tell anyone, but Sweep's never had McDonald's. :sofa She will, however, practically knock me over for some Babybel cheese. She can discern the sound of that wrapper from any other plastic-wrapped food item and will come running from whatever room she's in to get a bite. It's uncanny.

He is doing SO WELL! Thanks! He is using it more and more and only really picks it up when trying to run (which he is NOT supposed to do!) We keep making him give us "paw" for things because it forces him to use his other 3 legs. Since the surgery he's been reluctant about it, but for a McDonald's fry he practically pawed my face off! :flip He got a couple chicken nuggets (one with a pill but don't tell him that :mum )

jakesigsmall_zps254e191c.jpg

Photographer in Phoenix, AZ www.northmountainphoto.com

I don't eat there myself, but I will go through the drive-thru to,get fries for the dogs :) Sometimes we will go to Sonic instead, and everybody gets Tots!

He is doing SO WELL! Thanks! He is using it more and more and only really picks it up when trying to run (which he is NOT supposed to do!) We keep making him give us "paw" for things because it forces him to use his other 3 legs. Since the surgery he's been reluctant about it, but for a McDonald's fry he practically pawed my face off! :flip He got a couple chicken nuggets (one with a pill but don't tell him that :mum )

So glad to hear he's doing well!

17369590311_3d5eeef92f.jpg

Rachel with Sweep and kitties Olive and Momo.
Always missing my boys Mud and
Henry

Guest IrskasMom

Brady has not had an Experience with McD's , But when we go to PetSmart , I always put him into the Cart . When we get to the Checkout , he positions himself so the Cashier can not Overlook him and gives him a Treat. Then He whines until he gets another Treat .

McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Arby's.......this is the view while I am sitting up front having my meal.

They don't beg.

They don't blink.

They wait............and then each gets a few french fries when I am done eating.

FullSizeRender_144_resized_zpsyp9i8qby.j

Guest WildSparkler

Oh my gosh! Roxy does the exact same thing! She is obsessed with cheese! She actually can discern the sound of any cheese wrapper form the fridge from anything else..haha :rolleyes: Safe to say I only get half my Babybel cheeses now ;)

Greyhounds know it's fast food and therefore must be for them.

I read years ago that most little kids prefer McDonald's to other fast foods because there is more grease and salt.

We had to retrain Eve from grabbing food from the table, which her first family let her do. I thought she was picture perfect, until one evening when she was trotting past the table where my mother was sitting with a takeout burger and fries. Without breaking stride, Eve toothed one lone fry out from the container, flipped it up in the air, gulped it whole on the way down, and proceeded to her dog bed, where she lay, rolling her eyes, as we yelled at her.

The brindle boys come running to the sound of a peanut butter lid being unscrewed.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, Milo, and Jeter

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, and Nutmeg

Yay Jake, you are looking good and feeling good :yayCheezberger plane is a fav around here :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees: Aiden. Bea. Punkin. Annie. Miss M. Cletus, knot like the others.

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno.Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Lilly goes absoutely bonkers for Subway turkey sandwiches. This dog could care less about *any* other food - fast food, slow food, store bought, home made - her response is a resounding "meh." Unless it's from Subway. Then she nearly grabs the bag from my hand as I walk through the door! She sits right next to my chair with her nose practically dripping ON my TV tray, and she will not take NO for an answer until she gets her part of the sandwich!

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

Perfect snout for snaffling :beatheart

My hounds sometimes get their own chicken mayo burger, Terry always barks at the order machine (and sometimes the people in windows) :rolleyes: . I wish Mcdonalds didn't pre-salt their fries, they always seem to go overboard with the shaker, so the dogs don't have them but do get the odd chunky chip elsewhere.

I don't think mine have ever had McDonalds hamburgers. They've had McDonalds ice cream one or twice. Maybe we'll try a plain burger just for snicks and giggles.

...BTW,,,one of the baits often used in live traps around here used to be (and may still be) McDonalds Filet 'O Fish...both in greyhound and all breed rescues.

Buck and I dove down to East Texas once looking for a dog (Gus?) and by golly Buck started pulling as soon as we left the car. He pulled me right to the GALT live trap baited with a Filet 'O Fish. :rolleyes:

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg