Corneal Ulcer / Eye Removal

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be thinking of Froppychops tomorrow.

Pru had a wound stitched & dental then whined the place down

Must be the non-greyhound side of her coming out. We all know a greyhound would never whine like that. :lol Sending cybertreats to your crew.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Thinking of you!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Froppychops home! :banana I've already re-nicknamed him Fropchops-cyclops which tbf is better than "chicken leg" he got after his shockwave treatment left him with a shaved bald shoulder for a while :blush

He was slow to come round from the GA and is still rather unsteady on his paws so were having to support him to walk, stop and his legs sink, he nearly fell over sideways when we picked him up from the vets about 7pm. The eye's oozing a bit and his blood pressure was high so the vets did offer to keep him in overnight but i think he'll be more relaxed & comfier in his own bed (well he'd prefer the sofa ) and he can always go back if it does start bleeding heavily. Given its still all swollen and bloody i didn't think it looked too bad.

He didn't want to get out the car once home, kibble 'no not moving', my sandwich 'nope staying here', sausage 'oh yeah give it to mee!' just as well as was starting to wonder how on earth i was going to move him in order to lift him out of the car. Happily snoozing off his scrambled eggs & tramadol

Will be thinking of Froppychops tomorrow.

Must be the non-greyhound side of her coming out. We all know a greyhound would never whine like that. :lol Sending cybertreats to your crew.

:lol: No a greyhounds far too regal for that sort of behavior (though my 2 are more stoic greyhounds), it was definitely more of a staffy high pitched screamy sing song probably complaining that she was being held against her will & STARVED, she went for a huge wee once released so that was likely a part of her blues. Pru has quite the vocal repertoire, when she's telling you its dinner or toilet time will come over bark in your face then do an impression of chewbacca chewing a bee. Pru's been fine today and hasn't seem bothered by her stitches or mouth but has a bit of a cough. Its starting to feel like a hospital ward here :rolleyes: i did also have a poorly pigeon earlier in the week but sadly he didn't make it.

Edited by moofie

So relieved and happy to see this Fropchop-cyclops :wub: update. Home is best, hope you all have as restful a night a possible. Hugs for both of your patients.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I've already re-nicknamed him Fropchops-cyclops

Or for short, Fropclops.

Hope his surgery wound is continuing to do well. Scrambled eggs and tramadol -- nom.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Or for short, Fropclops.

Hope his surgery wound is continuing to do well. Scrambled eggs and tramadol -- nom.

:lol: Fropclops! Bless he does get some nickname abuse

What would've been corner of his eye is oozing a fair bit of blood today, occasionally he has rubbed something and part of wounds re-bled so hoping it just needs time to re-clot. Poor boys muzzle is so swollen :( i didn't expect it to be in that area but suppose it has to go somewhere, feeling a horrible houndmum even though i know its something that will heal. Vet suggested a cold compress, we tried some frozen peas inside a towel but he doesn't want anything touching it. He's been quite happy to go out & potter round the garden at least.

Edited by moofie

Hugs to you and your boy.

I am not trying to be alarming, but is he on antibiotics? They sent Ziggy home on them. He did not swell at all and there was no bleeding either. They stitched his eyelid closed and all was well. We had to watch him as it healed, but we had nothing like that. Does he go back for a recheck? I will keep him in my prayers! At least it doesn't sound like he is miserable.

I am not trying to be alarming, but is he on antibiotics? They sent Ziggy home on them. He did not swell at all and there was no bleeding either. They stitched his eyelid closed and all was well. We had to watch him as it healed, but we had nothing like that. Does he go back for a recheck? I will keep him in my prayers! At least it doesn't sound like he is miserable.

No he's not on antibiotics, vet mentioned the issues of over use.

Throp had a check up today which was eventful, as while getting ready he must've caught scab on something and it just poured with blood (looked bit of a murder scene). Thankfully it had stopped by the time we got to the vets so they cleaned him up & the wounds doing ok. The muzzle swelling has gone down today, vet mentioned he had some bruising inside lip & to watch out if he has any nose bleeds. It is still trickling blood

Poor boy has to wear the cone of shame now, hoping he gets used to it as keeps getting it stuck when laying down.

Edited by moofie

Poor Throp :kiss2

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

It's been a week and at moment wondering if we've made a big mistake :cry1 . Its still oozing blood and patches above below stitch line look open

Not sure if he's scratched/rubbed it or its just breaking down on its own, We've had to remove the cone at times & stick with doughnut as it keeps getting in the way as he turns to lay down & he kicks it when walking which clearly irritates him. Sadly he's become more wobbly than he was pre-op too :(

Took Thop to the vets today with Pru (getting stitches removed) and they attempted to put a pressure bandage on but the dressing part came loose this evening and the vetwrap seemed to be restricting his jaw movement so i removed it all rather than re-do. Its warm so he does need to be able to pant properly.

:(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Aw, hope things improve from here forward!

I am so sorry you are going through this! I wish I had pictures of Ziggy the day he had this same surgery. I will keep your poor boy in my prayers. Have you thought about taking him to another vet for a consultation? Maybe we were just lucky but Ziggy never bled or swelled.

Hoping today is a better day.